Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Else Dead In The Water?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 507Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  1:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dino to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I run two ebay stores, one for coins and the other for everything else. Sales have been dead the last 10 days, I'm thinking inflation and market conditions are starting to take a toll. I was a kid during the 70's but remember they were lean times for our family, parents had a 11% mortgage rate!
Curious if anyone else seeing a slowdown,
Pillar of the Community
United States
6440 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a sign of the uncertain times we are currently experiencing.

My mortgage was at 13% in 1979. Gas went from 31 cents a gallon to 79 cents a gallon in a short period of time and you were lucky if you could find a station that had any.

eBay is eBay and EVERY decision eBay makes will be in their best interest. If they think they need to pump up sales look for them to run out a 5 to 8% eBay Bucks promotion before the end of May.

Don't look for them to give Sellers any kind of a break on fees. If anything, they'll increase fees "due to rising costs". They are a bandwagon company.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8524 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I follow a few higher-volume eBay coin sellers. I haven't seen any slowdown in their sales, or erosion of dollar amounts being spent. Can't say what's happening with the many, many lower volume sellers out there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5119 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only item I encountered in the last 3 sales is that dealers were much more willing to negotiate than in the prior months. So maybe the sales are slowing a little.
Valued Member
United States
172 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dino to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still tracking the auction sites and I'll have to agree no slow down there! Still seeing higher hammers for non-rarities as well.
Valued Member
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Inflation is an uneven tax on the lower income scale. Auctions that cater to high income people are the last to feel the tightening of their clientele. All the rest of us will curtail purchases as our budget dictates.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19686 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As the real cost of living goes up, eBay'ers have fewer funds for discretionary spending, and a greater proportion of income is used to pay for life's essentials.

This sort of situation does not worry me, - it will pass sooner or later. Most of us older folk well remember a period of stagflation.
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LuckyPunk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have ebay stores(no coins)and it seems the good stuff is selling more. And lately the lower grade stuff and lot listings get less bids. Even in WWII, fine art was expensive. Folks with bucks will always have money for extras...especially when sellers are hurting. The price of a 1950 chevy pickup has tripled in some states during covid!
I say hang in there
Pillar of the Community
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Classic coin prices seem to be rising more than food and gas.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6440 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay just pumped out a 72 hour 5% eBay Bucks promo! Time to jump on that coin you've been eyeing and help them pump up their sales figures for May!

Maybe it'll also help the OP and others in the same boat, too!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 507Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: