Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Girl Collecting Coins :) I Need Some Guidance (2000 P Dime)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 389Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  2:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NewGirlcollect to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

New girl member here, my first post :)

I am new to coin collecting as a hobby. Please let me know what you think about the dime picture I posted. To me it look super cool. Please let me know what you think! :)
Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21880 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, just another badly beat up and circulated dime.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
45152 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15220 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

It might be super cool but it is a damaged coin worth 10 cents it you can get someone to accept it.
If you are going to get into coin collecting, suggest you do a lot of reading and research.
There is a wealth of information in the sidebar and online as well as reading previous posts on this forum.
One important thing is that it is only an error if it happens during the striking of the coin at the mint.
Anything that happens after that is damage.
Edited by JimmyD
05/20/2022 4:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3955 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

damaged coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
2569 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NewGirlcollect.

Hope you don't feel like users are piling on or being mean, they aren't. While everyone is in agreement on this coin, often you'll see a variety of opinions with plenty of back and forth in support of those opinions. It's great to have you here and there's a lot to learn so be patient and ask questions.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9158 Posts
Valued Member
United States
459 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One important thing is that it is only an error if it happens during the striking of the coin at the mint.
Anything that happens after that is damage.

Just so you know: coins which have been gold or silver plated (or colorized) after minting are also considered damaged coins, and as such have lost some of their original value.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5512 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum. You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn. Explore and Enjoy!!!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
1674 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you find a coin that you could pretty much duplicate by hitting an undamaged coin with a hammer, or scraping it against pavement, os similar, that's most likely what happened to the one you found. Experienced collectors dont't consider them interesting because any quantity of them can be made at will.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68974 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1169 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF Man looks like Rosevelt was rear ended.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58102 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a face value train wrecked coin. When it gets back to the bank, they will eventually send it to the mint to be cancelled.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NewGirlcollect to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appreciate all of the comments. I am definitely a newbie but learning a lot from you guys already. Thank you so much :)
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 389Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: