Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Strange Small Gold Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 434Next Topic  

Poland
14 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  6:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Pawel582 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hello,does anyone know what this gold coin is?
Weight 1.03g and made from gold I find this on auction.
Thanks
Edited by Pawel582
05/20/2022 8:39 pm
Learn More...
United States
23689 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@paw, it looks like you might have posted pics of the same side twice. Please either post a pic of the other side or else clarify that the pattern is the same on both sides. Also, it would be helpful to know the diameter and weight of this piece. Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Poland
14 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2022  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pawel582 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My bad, thank you I fix now and weight is 1.03g unfortunately I dont know diameter
Edited by Pawel582
05/20/2022 8:43 pm
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bjherbison to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The pictures are terrible, but it doesn't look like gold to me. Ask for better pictures, a picture of the edge, and the diameter.
Learn More...
United States
23689 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@paw, thx for clarifying. In the first pic, the design vaguely looks like a stylized horse head facing right. In the second pic, I'm not sure if that central design element is a two-barred cross, anchor, or even a monogram.

Unfortunately nothing in numista is jumping out at me. There are many Carthaginian Staters with a horse head on them, but those are all much more finely engraved and realistic. The Celts displayed more stylized horses on some of their gold coins, but it seems generally included the whole horse. I'm kinda stumped on this one.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United Kingdom
460 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnConduitt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was it described as gold in the auction? It's strange to sell a gold coin without attribution.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 434Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: