Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1955-D Lincoln BIE Error Break At The Top Half?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 310Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
701 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  09:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I didn't see this one on cuds on coins but doesn't mean it's not in the other BIE book. I am sure someone will let me know. hopefully.
Learn More...
United States
23674 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@gros, yes that sure looks like a BIE die chip to me. Fun!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68834 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BIE for sure. Shame about that spot.
Pillar of the Community
United States
619 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good eye, nice find -- LDB4-1955S-006A 4DH+

Got the reverse markers on both wheats and the one on the last S of STATES.

http://cuds-on-coins.com/ldb4-1955s-2/
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Edited by CentSation
05/21/2022 11:33 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
8174 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  1:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a nice looking BIE cent.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Download and read: Grading the graders
Costly TPG ineptitude and No FG Kennedy halves
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/7ca91bdd0/w...i3b-rbj9fir2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58041 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Carbon spot. They continue to get worse with age. Not a plus for the coin. Just a contaminate in the copper mix that wasn't there when it was struck, but develops as the coin ages. A problem coin.

Just noticed the mention on the tops of the devices. That is actually master die issues on all of the cents that year:

Note the tops of the affected devices? Compare with your coin. That is normal that year.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
05/22/2022 12:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1165 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, it's listed on COC as a reverse cud. 05R.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1398 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
701 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Actually, it's listed on COC as a reverse cud. 05R.

It's usually listed on one site or another. Actual BIE collectors know how to find it with ease. I on the other hand like to find them but not collect them. I am always happy to finf one for a friend of mine who does collect them. I found 59 of them since Friday. A whole lot of them are duplicates but there is at least a dozen or more different ones. It looks like several are progressions of each other . I think coop mentioned a few months ago that he thought some BIES were indeed later progressions but they are listed separately. It doesn't. matter to me ,just glad I could help someone else.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 310Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: