Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Walking Liberty Set Started Today

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,021Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
93 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  4:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jdsherod to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Went to my LCS to buy some Silver Mint sets and Dansco Albums (almost none to buy, ). I've been researching Walkers and thought it would be a good time to buy a couple.
Jon

Learn More...
United States
23664 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice start! Will you get one from each date or one from each date and mint? Or are you still planning out this series?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
93 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdsherod to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Spence! The plan is to do a complete set, every year and mint. I would love to have MS for all of it, but for the key dates I will set my sights lower to satisfy my budget.
Jon
Pillar of the Community
United States
5110 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck!! The early dates in high grade are really $$$$, I ended up doing majority from the "junk silver" bin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68799 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice start for sure!
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful series. I've thought about doing the short set myself.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10498 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The short set can be very easily accomplished. Back up and some issues become a monetary challenge. Do keep us posted with updates/ additions.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
United States
8015 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a great start !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17431 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice start to a great set .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  12:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done. Good luck with your set.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LuckyPunk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's always nice to see the sharp details on these soft coins that are typically smoothed out. I always liked how the eagle fills out the reverse on these.
Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice start to this set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1092 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice start, but those are the easy ones. I've started upgrading my Walking Liberty set, and I'm finding raw AU-BU coins difficult to come by & quite expensive.
Good Luck!
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Edited by thecoinguy1964
05/22/2022 4:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6454 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  12:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Walking Liberty halves are beautiful, good luck on your quest.
Learn More...
United States
113400 Posts
Valued Member
United States
242 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been able to accumulated mint state set of these beautiful coins from 1938 through 1947. The 1938 through 1941 coins are graded, mostly MS-66, whereas the 1942-1947 issues are in capital plastic mint set holders (three row variety with the rest of the coins for each year). Going back farther quickly becomes cost prohibitive, so for now 1938 is the start, with both issues for that year being MS-66 per PCGS. The design is in a league of its' own, so enjoy collecting the series.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,021Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: