Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 P Quarter With Machine Doubling On Outer Rim Both Sides

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 299Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  5:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add michaelmackd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this quarter and it has double rim stamps on front and back. 1982 p. Do you think it's worth getting it graded or is it worth anything. Thanks everyone!!!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9203 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
69007 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
23741 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mic, first welcome to CCF. Second, the damage, circulation wear, and lack of a major error mean that this coin is not worth sending in to a TPG.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15236 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry but it is worth 25 cents.
Not worth $50.00 or so getting it graded.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58112 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2022  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The rims look strange on the 1982 quarters. The master hub was swelling and the devices were like the 1968 cents, flowing into the rim area.

There a new master hub design that replaced the older aging swollen master hub. When you look the 1982 and 1983 quarter designs, the devices locations and the bust sizes were affected on the 1982 but replaced on the 1983 quarters.

Even Machine Doubling could move the devices into the rim area. It was time to replace it in 1983.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
05/21/2022 7:14 pm
Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hum
Curious?
This looks like MAD to me.
Just learning.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58112 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slight MAD, but not enough to have a premium for it. Take a look again at the side by sides of the 82/83 quarters. Note the locations of the devices, the overall size of the bust, the design just made it through the year. If they had changed it during the year, then then there would have been a large date/small date issue that year. But they waited until 1983 to recreate a new master hub. (Unlike the cents, where they changed it that year mid stream on the year. Thus the large and small dates on the cents that year. (they couldn't wait, be cause of production demands)

CoopHome: Why do some years have large and small dates?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Edited by coop
05/22/2022 11:34 am
Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hum
Thanks
So much to learn.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58112 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well these are things I figured out. No one knows this unless they read it here. Some things I look deeper into and find answers. Complicates things a bit, at least I know the important answers: "Why?" That always leads me to digging deeper. I find the answer and share it with others. Then they will know. Then they will pursue something else and share it here also. Just have to check under every stone to find answers.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
357 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coop
Really appreciate the encouragement to research
and information.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 299Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: