Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unusual Rolls From Bank (Early Sixties Lincoln Cents)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 488Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  9:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I picked up a few rolls of Lincoln cents from the bank last week. Haven't roll searched for a while but thought it would be something fun to do. I really didn't look at them until today and found out that two of the rolls were original rolls of UNC Lincolns. One was 1963D and the other was 1964. They all look really nice, but I'm not sure if they are nice enough to grade. If you stumbled onto a roll like this, how would you proceed? I'll let you know that I opened the rolls before I realized what they were (the rolls were from Wachovia Bank which hasn't been in business around here for about 15 years.)
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
United States
8889 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2022  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The rolls may have been deposited recently at your bank after being held by someone for many, many years. I'd do some research on errors and varieties for the years you found, then examine the coins. Sounds like fun--does happen once in a while.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45687 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  04:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bump111,
Remember the general rule on sending coins in to be graded?
I would look for errors and varieties as well as any high grades.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17732 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Go back to that bank and try to get more solid date unc. rolls. .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1997 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would stash them in my collection and let them sit for another 50 years.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies. I will try to get back to the bank ASAP. They usually limit one roll per customer per day (not one roll of each - one roll period,) but they told me that they had gotten a lot of Lincoln rolls that day and let me get 4-5 of them at once. The other three rolls were mixed dates. Wishing I had paid better attention to what I received that day!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2022  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No luck on the return trip. Back to one roll per customer and all they had were rolls of new stuff.
Learn More...
United States
114610 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 488Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: