Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Interesting 1943 Copper Penny DDO / DDR.thoughts?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 420Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
529 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  2:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So there's a Tik Tok video going around that the guy claims one of his subs found a copper 1943-P penny that exhibits what he calls a "doubled die error", weighs 3.1 grams and that it's easily worth upwards of $1 million dollars. I'll link the video but here are some screen shots from the video.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdnrMeE1/?k=1

So, thoughts?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17470 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's screaming Fake .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3117 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Horrible photos but looks like a bad garage job fake to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
529 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's screaming Fake .

Indeed!

The pic of the coin on the scale is suspect. Can't really see any of the doubling on it, so is it different coin or just poor quality/not close enough to see?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9203 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1183 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tik tok, u tube, facebook, all the same sewer.
Learn More...
United States
38683 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  09:40 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The comments mention that it is being sent to PCGS.

Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17470 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, Say what ?

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58112 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will cost him some money to receive a fake verdict to this coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrhakfbacon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obvious cast fake.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3117 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The weight seems right but with the amount if wear seems off, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a poorly done soft die counterfeit rather then a cast coin. The photo quality is hard to judge for me, the highly lit photos look like a fake coin, the one in the scale the colour looks a bit more natural for an old Wheat cent.
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gorham_collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A fake 100% just by looking at it. Any experienced collector can tell it's not a doubled die and it being a 1943 copper too that would be insanely rare.
The people on tiktok have no clue what they are talking about it and agreeing too I've seen everybody agreeing it's a nice find they just agreeing with the masses pretty sad
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3117 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A fake 100% just by looking at it. Any experienced collector can tell it's not a doubled die and it being a 1943 copper too that would be insanely rare.

didn't even notice the date lol, ya cast fake for sure.
Pillar of the Community
United States
529 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Y'all should watch some of that guys other videos. Misleading the public doesn't even begin to describe it.
By watching them you are led to believe that you can easily go out and find any of a number of coins that would make you rich.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 420Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: