Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finished My Edward VII UK Type Set (Lots Of Pics)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 340Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
902 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  5:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I waned to share my recently completed Edward VII UK type set. The case was purchased from a seller who was breaking up a long proof set and I thought it would be cool for display. I'm not planning to add any gold to this set, so I put the coppers in place of the 5,2 and sovereign.

Learn More...
United States
113522 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10536 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. Surprised someone broke up a proof set that was still in its original case. The case looks in nice condition!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
73 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very satisfying indeed.

That farthing caught my magpie eye immediately
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
902 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bd251 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very nice. Surprised someone broke up a proof set that was still in its original case. The case looks in nice condition!

I paid around $35 for the case, if I remember correctly.

Quote:
That farthing caught my magpie eye immediately

I actually have two pretty nice farthings. This one happens to be more photogenic than the other, but the other has better eye appeal in hand, imo. The one in this post has a nice, but somewhat uneven, purple tone with some remaining luster. My other farthing is a uniform dark, glossy purple/black, with a faint luster that you can see in bright light. I haven't been able to take representative pictures of that one.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68966 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats, nice-looking set!
Learn More...
United States
23723 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  01:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice work @bd!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3955 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  03:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing set, love the coins.

You could probably add the half and full sovereigns quite cheaply. Edward VII is an ultra common reign for them. Expect Melt + 10% for AU ones.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Valued Member
United States
136 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  03:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely set.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3955 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2022  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would also upgrade the 6d, its letting the side down and even the Halfcrown is a bit more worn than the others, a 1902 Halfcrown should not be too expensive in a higher grade.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 340Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: