Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

OK So Far Not So Good Let's Hope We Can All Agree On This One 1958 P DDO Yes Another Just 👀

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 398Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
163 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  5:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58089 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You realize there are only three of the big DDO right? We all agree that yours is not the big DDO:

Your coin is showing extreme die wear on the areas near the rim direction. On this DDO, there were only a few examples struck, thus the die was retired very early. The devices were still fresh on the retired die. It was not used again because of the hub doubling.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68963 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, not the big one. Bit of a pic overload.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1169 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No just no again.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45151 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spencerj72,
After checking all 3 reference sites, what attribution number do you think it might be?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spencerj72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what I see in the coin I would have to say I believe it to be
WDDO-001
But only because I expanded the images to better see the notching ect let's take (S)T it's obvious I can see something other can't because it is a duplicate of images from the references available. Looking at (IN) there is damage to the I but a closer look shown notching at the bottom while the N is definitely showing extra thickness towards the left side and I could go on but this is what I can see
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9138 Posts
Valued Member
United States
223 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin rejector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Spencerj.... As w/ your 1915 coin, if you really feel as though you have something special, feel free to take it into your local coin dealer/shop & get their opinion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
529 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not really a collectible example for any type. But for learning purposes, I believe the widening on the motto is from damage and the date and liberty exhibit slight Machine Doubling. Just my 2.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8533 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not seeing a DDO, just a well-worm '58 with lots of miles on it--digs, hits, circulation flattening. Might be some Die Deterioration working its magic as well.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 398Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: