Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1921 Peace Dollar.any Alarms?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 426Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
592 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  5:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I hate posting these questions, but I don't collect this series and don't know much about the high relief 1921 in particular. However, this is on sale at a local auction, so I was thinking about perhaps trying to get it cheap. Obviously, it isn't exactly gem, but are there any alarms about authenticity? This is the only pic I have. Thanks.

Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrhakfbacon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know. Don't take my word for it but it looks genuine, though the date looks a little off to me.
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coindu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When comparing my Peace dollars with yours, I'm seeing differences with the leaves pictured here. Mind you, all my Peace dollars are year 1922+.

Listen to others over me, though.

It's possible my coins just aren't as fine in detail or just worn down. But what I'm getting at is, the leaves are grouped or spaced in different fashion.

For example: See the top right leaf and look at the leaf below it (second one one farthest to right on the top). I'm expecting the edge of that leaf to cover the "line of light" going up. I don't see that with yours.

But when comparing it to other photos online of 1921 Peace dollars, the leaves look right. I'll leave to experts to comment further.
Edited by coindu
05/23/2022 7:12 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
592 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. Went to look at slabbed examples on HA and GC. Some look more like yours, but a few look similar to the one I posted. Not enough for me to really make a call without more knowledge. Hopefully one of the Peace dollar experts will chime in.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19688 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Three simple no cost tests;
1. accurate weight
2. test with a magnet
3. comparative ping tone test against known genuine.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1761 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2022  12:47 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would have zero issues buying this one for the right price. No alarms for me. Wear, luster, and details look as expected. Hope you win!!
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 426Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: