Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pretty Nice 1911 Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 578Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1092 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  01:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What did ICCS grade this, and what do you think PCGS will grade it?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
814 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  06:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice! MS-64 or 65? Reverse is a little nicer than the obverse imo....
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68974 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-63.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4349 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Because of prior knowledge I won't "guess" what ICCS graded it, other than saying it was "red", which PCGS is very tough on. I'll say 65 red from PCGS.
Valued Member
Canada
166 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2022  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stunning specimen. Large cents are one of the toughest Canadians to grade IMO.

MS-65 Red ( ICCS) and I'm guessing the same with PCGS
Pillar of the Community
United States
1092 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2022  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one is graded ICCS MS-66 Red. In a few months, we will see what PCGS decides.
Canada
9 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goofball to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
out of curiosity is the first segment of letters on the certificate two letters or three letters? ex. TA vs. XLY. very nice coin btw!
Edited by Goofball
05/30/2022 10:48 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1092 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2022  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is three letter. I think it was one of the Landon coins, but the holder does not say that.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23920 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2022  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can see it as MS-65RD. 66 is a bit generous.
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2022  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanuckCoinGirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is stunning... certainly looks similar in characteristics to the Landon coins, but there may have been a couple little collections that were just held too.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 578Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: