Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1950 D Washington DDR FS-801

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 328Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2102 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  08:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As some of you know I had the lone top population of this die (it is a 66)but sold it last year. I kinda kick myself every now and then for doing so. It's the only top population coin of mine that I've sold. But as fortune may have it I found another for a great price and it's one of the CoinFacts plate coins for the die! I have another a 64 and probably sell that one now that I have an upgrade! Thanks for looking!

http://varietyvista.com/09b%20WQ%20...0DDDR001.htm
Also this coin has major doubling that is not listed above. The leaf touching the left arrows has a nice spread. I'll point it out.(I bet there's more upon close examination)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1400 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Another nice one, congrats!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68947 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And nice pics!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9109 Posts
Valued Member
United States
429 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow, that is a nice one
Pillar of the Community
United States
1886 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nice find/pick up!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2102 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. I've been getting outbid on some nice coins lately. I was glad to get this one for a good price.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58089 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The FS-801 show doubling

Quote:
Strong spread East on eagle's talons and leaf directly above the mintmark.

I'm not seeing that on your coin?
http://www.varietyvista.com/09b%20W...0DDDR001.htm
If it is not there, it's not that DDR.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2102 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Come on coop. I shouldn't need circles and arrows to point it out. If you check the CoinFacts app this coin is the second one. The first one on CoinFacts I bought for $60 and sold for $600, I think I know the die.
I know I may not post the best pictures but I study each die and figure out the easiest way to spot each particular one. A lot of the markers I go by aren't listed anywhere. That's how I picked my top pop 47 DDO. Others are on to me now as I have been outbid on my last three cherrypicks.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58089 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well for the benefit of others, knowing this may help them in see what the variety is. With the red arrow on the image, it may have appeared that that area was the hub doubling. I was pointing out what area was affected.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1821 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on finding it again, Will, very nice!
-makecents-
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Carter64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Willburton says: "I bought for $60 and sold for $600"

Certainly here on this "Coin Family Educational" site you informed educated the seller he had a $600 coin, right? It's amazing the seller sold it for $60 after you're being a good "Coin Community Family" guy and educating him/her.

It's always impressive to see someone spend their time bragging about how they profited (again) by intentionally manipulating another persons lack of education.

You must be very proud of the good you're doing for the hobby and the care and respect you show for your fellow collectors.

I'm certainly impressed. Good for you!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2090 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've heard that kind of stuff before.
The dealer made the profit that he chose for his coin. Will made the profit that his hard work and study enabled him to get.
Both parties profited what they wanted.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5657 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I completely agree with stoneman. That was an excellent cherry-pick and one well deserved since you were armed with the knowledge and skills to look for it. The seller's decision not to look into such varieties is their choice and at the end of the day, the item was listed by the seller at the price they were comfortable with and they got it. It's a win-win.

As for this coin, it's a beauty! I saw this one sold and you did indeed get it at a good price. A really underrated variety on a gem of a coin, congrats!

-CH27

Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1821 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2022  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am 100% with stoneman and coinhunter.
-makecents-
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 328Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: