Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1955 Wheat Cent, Possible Die Clash?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 493Next Topic  
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  8:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sherrow01 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to check out my post. I recently acquired this beauty. While under the microscope, I noticed a few things, all on the obverse. There is a pronounced vertical line under Lincolns chin and another that starts around his tie going east to west that ends before it reaches the date. Also, on the back on Lincolns head, at the base, there is an odd shape, almost like a sideways "U". I was thinking if it were a die clash, this could be part of the E on the reverse, maybe. ? However, I'm not too familiar when it comes to clashes. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Megan S.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2210 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out this listing, looks pretty close and the mm location looks close too. Yours looks like a later die. Nice find!

LINK https://www.maddieclashes.com/1426-2/
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3611 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks to be a die clashed coin!

Here's an overlay that shows about where to expect clash marks. The clash marks will vary slightly with the alignment of the dies when the coin was struck.

ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Edited by Yokozuna
06/02/2022 9:01 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2210 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
vary
-makecents-
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MakesNoCentsToMe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pics. Wonder what kind of scope you are using and also on the full coin pics what did you take them with?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3611 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL! Yes, VARY... not VERY!

I corrected it in my post!

-makecents- Thanks vary much for pointing out my error!
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10976 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2210 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2022  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yokozuna, I usually do the "Preview", before I post and still miss, misspellings and grammatical errors, at least nine out of ten times. I'm the worst at English, of an English speaking person.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
3262 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2022  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sherrow01, Congrats on picking up on the clash.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  05:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sherrow01 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for the delayed response...and the delayed "Thank You"s to all who took the time to comment on this post. This is my first clash I've acquired and super excited about it. It wasn't until after I posted this that I noticed when held at a slight angle in the light, reverse side facing upwards, you can see entire outline of Lincolns head and profile, very prominently.. You can even see it in the picture posted of the entire reverse.

For those who complemented the clarity of my pictures, thank you! It's nothing fancy, just a little $20 digital scope on Amazon. Still, it does an incredible job! Some of you might have heard of the young man on YouTube and his channel "Couch Collectables". He posts great videos and pictures, always leaving a link for the microscope he uses. So, I took a chance and ordered it. No regrets here. I'll leave the brand name and specs below for anyone who wants to check it out on Amazon. Thanks again for the input everyone.

Sold by: T TAKMLY STORE
Max. Magnification: 50.0x
Title Description: Portable Digital Microscope Wireless Handheld USB Inspection Camera 50x
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TBJFPG1
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 493Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: