Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

When Should I Contact ANACS About A Submission?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 602Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
565 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  02:24 am Show Profile   Check casualcoincollector's eBay Listings Check casualcoincollector's eCrater Listings Bookmark this topic Add casualcoincollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I sent in a submission to ANACS and it was delivered on the 11th of April and I was billed by ANACS on the 26th of April and I haven't heard anything from ANACS since. I sent them a potentially really obscure Japanese coin, so I am aware that it might take a while but when should I consider contacting them about this submission? Below is the coin that I sent in.
http://goccf.com/t/419780#3610658
Edited by casualcoincollector
06/03/2022 02:27 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
9907 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  07:26 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would contact them now. It's been almost 6 weeks since they received it.

I assume you paid $39 (+S&H) for grading this coin? Good luck!
ANA #R3154474
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71521 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My last PMG submission took 5 1/2 months.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9288 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The grading industry is being (has been) swamped. PCGS is still looking to hire graders. Anyone interested?

https://www.PCGS.com/job/grader

" PCGS is looking for experienced, highly skilled graders. We need both U.S. and World graders.

We need both graders who want to work in California at PCGS and/or graders who would enjoy traveling to shows to grade coins in the United States and/or Asia and Europe. If you love coins, it's an exciting opportunity for you and one of the plum jobs in the coin industry."
Pillar of the Community
United States
5580 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2022  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that a Chinese cash coin?

I'm sure ANACS sent you a form indicating they received your coin with some sort of job number on it.
Go to the ANACS site, look up that number and see what info you get.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
565 Posts
 Posted 06/18/2022  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Check casualcoincollector's eBay Listings Check casualcoincollector's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add casualcoincollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Status update: So, I was able to view my current order status on the ANACS website and it just says that it was expected to ship on May 23 and is currently in the "Consultant" category/stage. It seems that ANACS is working on it, so I am just going to let this one ride for a while longer.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10947 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the consultant stage may be their form of quality assurance checks to verify the grade given. sometimes it takes a while - especially with obscure coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
565 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Check casualcoincollector's eBay Listings Check casualcoincollector's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add casualcoincollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Status update: Finally decided to contact anacs today and they are still working on it, which I am fine with since it is a potentially very obscure item and anacs customer service reflected that sentiment by saying "Due to the nature of the coin in question we cannot guarantee a turn-around time.".
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 602Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: