Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Coin Delivery Blues

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,036Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
243 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2022  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like so many things it gets blamed on COVID. What COVID has "allowed" people to do is loose their last shred of civility and decency.

That being said, I have been ordering coins for a long time and have never had a lasting issue. I compliment my local post office and carriers for faithfully delivering the packages. One time I had four packages show as delivered, and the postmaster herself came out and delivered them the next morning as they could not have fit in either my box or the overflow boxes of our cluster of mail boxes. The service has been exemplary, and I do appreciate that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2533 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dearborn I do not mistrust my mailman. I have had coins stolen from my mailbox. The first time it happened I had to file a police report for eBay to respond and obtain a refund from the SELLER for non delivery.

That's where all my refunds have come from. This is really as much seller beware as buyer beware. Sellers need to insure their shipments for their own safety. And cash buyers need to demand and pay for insurance too.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Edited by thq
06/21/2022 11:03 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3621 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased a $250 coin on eBay. Yesterday the coin was noted on tracking as out for delivery. My mail arrived about 12:30PM, but no coin was in the mail box. Around 7:00 PM I get an email form eBay that the coin was delivered at 5:58PM, so I go back out to the mail box, and still no coin. I am lucky as today the coin shows up in the mail box with my mail.
United States
42 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t25135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A question that I had is at what point in the delivery process does the responsibility transfer over from the seller to the buyer for the coin not making it to them. I had a situation years back with Heritage that was similar to Slider23's where a coin was marked as delivered but actually ended up getting delivered the following day. Prior to actual delivery I called HA to inform them that the coin wasn't in my possession and their response to me was that it was showing as delivered on their end and that I should file a police report.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I purchased a $250 coin on eBay. Yesterday the coin was noted on tracking as out for delivery. My mail arrived about 12:30PM, but no coin was in the mail box. Around 7:00 PM I get an email form eBay that the coin was delivered at 5:58PM, so I go back out to the mail box, and still no coin. I am lucky as today the coin shows up in the mail box with my mail.

Unfortunately that is very common with the new eBay tracking system - this has happened to me several times - this creates more stress than it does to comfort me to ensure a proper delivery.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2533 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  06:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In two of my recent instances the coin was logged by USPS as delivered but never showed up. One of those was supposed to be hand delivered and signed but was signed by the driver and left in the mailbox. I had to go to the post office to see his e-signature on the delivery slip.

If your shipment is insured (PayPal, credit card, USPS) it's the seller's responsibility until you receive it. Theft from the mailbox or post office box does not void the seller's responsibility. Expect the seller to ask for a police report for their insurance. t25135 experienced this from HA, as I did from PayPal.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Edited by thq
06/23/2022 07:03 am
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unfortunately that is very common with the new eBay tracking system - this has happened to me several times - this creates more stress than it does to comfort me to ensure a proper delivery.
I always track directly on the USPS site because of this. It is not perfect either, but at least my carrier scans when she puts things in my box so I know it is actually in the box.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2193 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unfortunately that is very common with the new eBay tracking system

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think ebay (or Heritage, GC, Home Depot...) track anything themselves - they just pull the data directly from the carrier via a software widget. Like jbuck I always take the tracking number and watch it directly on the carrier's site, which shows more detail. With UPS you have to have a login to see all the detail. I think the seller sites mostly only display a higher level status without all the nitty gritty.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,036Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: