Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Hole I Thought I'd Never Fill.1909-S VDB Gift

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,161Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2022  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdsherod to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on the beautiful addition! Here's to your full recovery!
Jon
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2022  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DanFielding to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on both milestones!
Learn More...
United States
116244 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2022  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!

So glad to hear that you made it through this.

Quote:
However, almost half the collection was given to me 40 years ago when my great-aunt passed away, so I want to keep much of it intact for sentimental reasons.
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2022  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The biggest congrats will be for finishing your chemo - I wish you all the best during your recovery. And congrats on the new acquisition - that '09-S VDB a wonderful example of the coin so many of us dreamed of from the time we first started putting Lincoln cents into the Whitman folders back when we were just kids.

I can't begin to imagine how you must have felt when your family gave this beautiful coin to you. That's a truly moving and wonderful thing they've done for you.

Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2022  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's not the time to die!

Absolutely!

Thanks all for the well wishes. February and March were pretty horrible for us with a lot of hospital time, but it's been getting better steadily since April. By August, I should be near 100%. Unfortunately, my cancer is the kind that comes back in 7-10 years, but that's for future me to deal with (and there are some new treatments in development).

Not to preach, but prior to this diagnosis, I had never been in the hospital before. I'm 51, and I've always been the healthy guy (no family history of cancer) who goes to the gym at lunch every day. So, I've been on a crusade to let folks know about my condition/diagnosis and remind everyone to get checked regularly. My lymphoma was hidden until it was very serious, but so many other types of cancer can be detected early (ie. get your darn colonoscopy!!). Also, it is important to get and stay as healthy as possible so you can withstand a sucker punch like this. Being healthy/fit going into this allowed them to pursue a very aggressive treatment. Otherwise, the outcome may have been very different.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11591 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2022  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, what a great gift! Congrats on that AND your improving health. Also, solid advice.
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2022  02:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kstack81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats!
It's a beaut...
Valued Member
United States
189 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2022  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SaturnD51 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unbelievable milestone in collecting captaincoffee. I just wish I could of completed my collection. Never had the luck or money to complete mine. Passed my Lincolns along to a young collector. Hopefully she will be able to complete my collection. That is a beautiful coin. I would be proud too. Good luck in your collecting.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 1,161Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: