Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Is Your Favorite Commemorative?

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 135 / Views: 15,493Next Topic
Page: of 9
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2009  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add williams9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite is the 1993 Jefferson Dollar for me.Also love the 1900 Lafayette
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2009  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jukie3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oregon Trail is cool, but I love the Connecticut Tercentenary. Very cool eagle and the Charter Oak.
Valued Member
United States
249 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2009  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Texas Trader to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine is the Texas half dollar. A lot going on on that obverse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2734 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2009  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DNA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Classic: Oregon Trail & Texas

Modern: Buffalo and Lincoln
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2009  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chasinva69 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fom my collection:

Edited by chasinva69
03/05/2009 7:46 pm
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2009  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jukie3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
chas..69
Nicely displayed - Oregon Trail is a beautiful coin and the design is very impressive.
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2009  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chasinva69 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
everytime I look at that piece, I see another detail I didn't notice before (like the little wagons above the Indian's elbow heading out to Oregon). A good coin design is almost like good literature - the more you come back to it the more is revealed.
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2009  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jayceeg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Oregon commemorative. That picture really allows you to see it well. I also like the California diamond jubilee
Learn More...
United States
16357 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2009  01:27 am  Show Profile   Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Although extremely common, My favorite is the Stone Mountain Commem.
ANA LM1214396
U.S. Colonial and Large Cent fanatic.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1691 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2009  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atlashealth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1988 Olympic $5 gold proof.....GORGEOUS!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2009  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cownas22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I vote for 1996 Smithsonian proof, and the 2000 Library of Congress Bicentennial gold & platinum $10 for modern comm.

I would say the Oregon Trail for older comm.
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2009  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wetglaswegian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"everytime I look at that piece, I see another detail I didn't notice before (like the little wagons above the Indian's elbow heading out to Oregon). A good coin design is almost like good literature - the more you come back to it the more is revealed."

Yeah it does tell a story , the Indians hand up in a stop motion to the east to say enough is enough...its next on my Comm list without question.
It was the first one I went after but I got deals on the lexington and pilgrim and Stone Mountain that set me back , the washington carvers and columbians etc have all chisled away at my Comms fund.
Im thinking a nice letter to Santa early enough might procure me a nice example

Pillar of the Community
United States
3046 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2009  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well I have my eye on the Roanoke 1/2 and it is going to be my first classic Commemorative

i know there are cheaper ones but ya gotta buy what you like

next on the list will be a Daniel Boone

as for the moderns
i got the 82 George Washington and I am looking for the kitty hawk if the price is right
Pillar of the Community
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2009  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cownas22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a hard choice but I wiould have to go with the Texas Centennial followed closely by the San Diego Exposition.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2009  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thefathand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! That Oregon Trail Commemorative is really nice up there! I will take a 1935 Spanish Trail Commemorative, of course I don't have one yet and may never will with how much them babies go for but I will dream of one until then...
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 135 / Views: 15,493Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05