Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

July 2022 RCM New Releases

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,630Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
963 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  08:18 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1 ounce pure gold coin
Celebrating Canada's Diversity (3rd coin in series)
Culture and Traditions
Coin features a grade AAA natural blue sapphire
Mintage: 275....... $4,999.95 PLUS TAXES

2 ounce pure silver coin
THE MIGHTY BISON
COIN is crafted on a 50 mm diameter that provides more space for finely engraved details
Mintage: 4,500...... $189.95 NO GST/HST
2 PER CUSTOMER

2022 Special Edition Silver Dollar Proof Set
Alexander Graham Bell: Great inventor
Mintage: 30,000 .......$119.95 PLUS TAXES

1 ounce pure silver gold plated coin
BLACK AND GOLD; THE SEA OTTER (coin #3)
Mintage: 6,500...... $129.95 NO GST/HST

THAT'S ALL FOLKS
Edited by New1954
06/21/2022 10:48 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7993 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the July release info!

Is there something different / special about the SD in the SE Proof Set?

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
06/21/2022 08:52 am
Valued Member
United States
436 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update. The proof set may need to find its way to my collection.
Canada
25 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add applesauced to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The SD in the SE Proof Set is different. The difference being, Bell's hair is portrayed as regular hair and not the words of the inventions.

Hope that makes sense.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7993 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The SD in the SE Proof Set is different. The difference being, Bell's hair is portrayed as regular hair and not the words of the inventions.

Thanks for the info. That would have been my guess - logical change to the coin's design.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
684 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Panda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info!

Wondering how big is the "grade AAA natural blue sapphire"

Pillar of the Community
Canada
963 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Panda

0.75 rose-cut gemstone adds a captivating colour to this design while representing Canada's Francophone spirit.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1125 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see the S.E. Proof Set took a $20 price jump from last year, but, yes, I'll still buy it. I guess the increase isn't really a surprise.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
684 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Panda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you @New1954 !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
599 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you @New1954
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7993 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I definitely prefer "the look" of the Alexander Graham Bell portrait on the silver dollar in the new Special Edition Proof Set vs. the "word art" version from earlier in the year. I find it much more attractive. I find all of the words in the earlier coin to be visually distracting.

Valued Member
United States
127 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems You are spot on, I couldn't agree more. I have the proof silver dollar, but have been holding off on the silver proof set (it looks even worse to me highlighted with the gold plating). I like many of the coins the RCM produces, I just wish they were a little less 'artsy' sometimes.
Edited by smuglr
06/28/2022 10:04 am
Valued Member
United States
436 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree the silver dollar with the hair is much more attractive. Got my order in.
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ordered one of the SE Silver Dollar Proof Sets in spite of the $20 increase in price from last year.
Canada
25 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add applesauced to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As of the time of posting this, the RCM website is showing a mintage of 5500 for the Sea Otter.

I imagine something to do with the first 1000 coins being sold as the Low COA.

Either a mistake or kind of misleading...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7993 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Either a mistake or kind of misleading...

Not a mistake, but potentially misleading.

The Mint's maximum available mintage figures are based on the assigned Product Number. The "Low" certificate option is Product Number 203513, the balance are available under Product Number 203516. Two numbers, two mintage specifications.

Without prior knowledge of the "Low" certificate quantity of 1,000, it's easy to see how a collector could think that 5,500 was the total/overall available mintage vs. the 6,500 actual total.

The Mint has been more transparent for some issues in the past, but has also had the same issue for others. I agree that it would be nice if the Mint was clearer with its presented maximum mintage numbers.

Edited by commems
07/01/2022 8:38 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,630Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: