Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2022 Silver Proof Set To Be Released On June 23

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 42 / Views: 1,111Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  3:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
the 2022 Silver proof are being released on Thursday. My enrollment is already processing.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11509 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ha... you beat me to posting this by 5 minutes.

I always look forward to my annual sets, the silver probably with the most anticipation.

My CC was charged for my enrollments, so I assume mine are processing too.

I really have to sit down and figure out my go-forward strategy for albums and pages. I have a lot of albums that ended in 2019 or so and I have sets that need to be broken and put into folders. The CAPS and Whitman albums are straightforward enough, but the Dansco will require some creativity.
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My credit card has been authorized for the enrollment. Just a small pinch.

Quote:
I really have to sit down and figure out my go-forward strategy for albums and pages... the Dansco will require some creativity.
I bought some blank pages and a binder for cents, nickels, and dimes once the original albums were filled. I have separate custom albums for those heavy half dollars (no more than four pages each). Of course, the quarters and baby dollars have their own special series albums (Of course, the American Women Quarters and Innovation dollars are pending).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My "go forward" strat, is to buy 2 each on the mint sets (except for the Quarters only sets. I'll keep one set in OGP - as I have an OGP collection (every year - of uncirc, clad, and silver proofs) going back to 1954) and the other set of each I break out an they go into their proper Dansco album - even if I have to create and label my own albums for now. Someday I hope to find a company that can press the gold labeling onto the outside of the album covers to match the original Dansco - If I can do that, I won't need them to make my own albums. ( @ Dansco - ).
The only coins I need to buy from Ebay will be the PDS business strike quarters and the PD American Innovation Dollars - everything else is in the second mint sets I get.
Valued Member
United States
64 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ChicagoCoinGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This set - which of the coins are pure silver besides the quarters? I read the specs on the USM site and it looks like the dime is also, but not the penny or nickel. Am I correct?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2022  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Kennedy half, the Quarters and the dime will be silver the rest will be of normal composition.

Penny: 2.5% copper, balance, zinc
Nickel: 25% nickel, balance, copper
Dime: 99.9% silver
Quarters (each): 99.9% silver
Half Dollar: 99.9% silver
Native American $1 Coin: 6% zinc, 3.5% manganese, 2% nickel, balance copper
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

It has always annoyed me having duplicates between the clad and proof sets. I have longed for them to issue an "Album Hole Fillers" set which combines the two and removes the duplication. I will admit it is not as bad now that the Presidential dollars are no longer being made and I suppose it is one reason to be happy that the Innovation dollars are sold separately.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
lets me spread out my spending.
Another reason to be happy.
Valued Member
United States
243 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one on enrollment and it went into processing mode yesterday.

Between the ASE, Commemorative, Proof and Uncirculated sets and Silver Medal (Armed Forces) issues this year, one of each is enough for the pocket book.
Edited by Erscolo
06/22/2022 6:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have one on enrollment and it went into processing mode yesterday.
Mine did as well. Always comforting to see that on the orders page.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine went into 'Enrollment Processing' on Tuesday, and had stayed like that since. Now The mint has turned off the orders page for the sale, I cannot check on it at this point.
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now The mint has turned off the orders page for the sale, I cannot check on it at this point.
Time to trust the process.
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The "Your U.S. Mint order has shipped!" e-mail was just received.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 42 / Views: 1,111Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: