Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1973 D Penny Thickness Is Off All The Way Around Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 282Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  05:28 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Como84 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a 73 which thicker then a normal penny I've seen. I have photos the one on left is the 73 d penny the right a random penny to show thickness difference.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9133 Posts
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Como84 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you &
Pillar of the Community
United States
8531 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm thinking spooned also, or possibly an early stage dryer coin. I'll go on record as saying spooned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
728 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community. Agree with others, spooned.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9133 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68959 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  08:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5512 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum. You've come to a phenomenal place to share and learn. Explore and Enjoy!!!
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58089 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1973 cents normally have the higher rim and stronger detail I feel this is from the normal strike that seems stronger. (Possible answer to the Machine Doubling seen on the 1968-1972 cents) So the rims are normally taller. But this looks like it was damaged and the edge is thicker, from the reduction outer diameter. Have ever it was altered, it is now a damaged coin. Spender.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
8819 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the spooned diagnosis.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1169 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF and
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 282Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: