Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pretty Cool Star Note Find.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 436Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  4:04 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luckyrollers to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this consider a rotating or flipper note or none of the above?

Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not think it is called anything special, but still a cool find.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15167 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a special serial number but for a dollar,
keep it if you like.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8981 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68834 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, not a fancy serial number of any kind.
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2022  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dunkleosteus430 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know a few kids who act their age that would pay a premium for it, for the reasons that @Dearborn pointed out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1839 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  02:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arby96 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rough in here, a little passive aggressiveness, Maybe? Why?
"LOVE THE HUNT!"
Pillar of the Community
United States
3693 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  04:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool find Vince. Not much of a premium, but still a keeper.
Edited by SteveInTampa
06/23/2022 04:51 am
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckyrollers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Cool find Vince. Not much of a premium, but still a keeper.

Thanks Steve! :)
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckyrollers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

All good here for me. As taylor swift said "just shake it off...." lol
Learn More...
United States
113444 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am not seeing it, but then again, I am not really looking for it?

Quote:
All good here for me. As taylor swift said "just shake it off...." lol

For the record, any one dollar note is worth keeping if you like it because it is only a dollar.

Also for the record, if anyone ever feels like they are being make uncomfortable here, please us the "Report this Post to the Staff" link in the lower left of the reply window.
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luckyrollers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For the record, any one dollar note is worth keeping if you like it because it is only a dollar.

Also for the record, if anyone ever feels like they are being make uncomfortable here, please us the "Report this Post to the Staff" link in the lower left of the reply window.

No issues here and thanks for the info @jbuck
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
68834 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rough in here? I really don't understand.
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2022  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The flipper serial number is a relatively new term floating around and to be a true flipper the serial number has to have the right combination of 0s, 6s, and 9s and perhaps 8s and sometimes 1s if your REALLY going out there. A flipper serial number reads the same when flipped upside down as it does right side up such as B00996600B and people do pay a premium for these which is not what you have. Someone likely had a flipper note and just came up with a neat way to market it, and it just happened to catch on and so people are willing to pay some extra money for them.

Putting on my marketing hat, what you have there for fun could be listed as a '666 Sexual Devil Trinary' fancy serial number. Trinary serial numbers contain only three unique digits but generally alone rarely seem to be worth more than face value unless it has other interesting features like this one with both a '69' and '666' in it that are both recognizable to most people. Just like my idea to offer this in this way might make it sell, versus saying its a star note worth approximately $2 uncirculated from the latest Paper Money of the United States, with a combination of interesting serial number features that really on their own dont merit adding anything normally to its value such as also having a 4 of a kind and 1 triple, or that all of the digits are multiples of 3 - Only 0.070% of 8-digit numbers have this property. In the end its a $1, so at minimum if it were me I'd hold it, or try to sell it. If it were a $20 or $50 I'd spend it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 436Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: