Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Crazy Ebay Sellers Or Can You Say Ironic?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 731Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
114 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  10:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Boba Debt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I didn't know which title was more appropriate

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2341639088...220623190223
Learn More...
United States
23740 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The item title is:

Quote:
1994 P United States VIETNAM VETERANS MEMORIAL Proof Silver Dollar Coin i95084

Seems appropriately labeled unless I'm missing something. Please explain.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2022  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boba Debt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you look at the listing?

This guys ebay id is highrating lowprice

And he lists modern, non-graded Commemorative Silver dollars in capsules for and average price of $400
Edited by Boba Debt
06/24/2022 12:09 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3116 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Idk what I'm missing but the description seems enthusiastic and to hard to get through. What is up with the listing that you see?
Learn More...
Australia
14367 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen discussion about "Mr. Lowprice" and his sales tactics before.

Seems his modus operandi is to put stupidly high prices on his items for sale ("There's no law against optimism" - Dilbert's Boss). He'll certainly sell at those prices if anyone is silly enough to just click the "buy" button, but will also sell at much more reasonable prices if you Make an Offer.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Valued Member
United States
237 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This seller made an appearance on Pawn Stars! His behavior on the show says it all!
HU662uR2jn0
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
859 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  01:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, but you're saving 60%!

I'm assuming any potential buyer would take a look at the other similar items for sale from other buyers for a small fraction of his price.

To be honest, though, I have no problem with a seller asking whatever he wants for an item as long as it's properly described, as this one is.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Edited by hokiefan_82
06/24/2022 02:00 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7787 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  07:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This seller has been doing business on eBay with such an approach for a long time. Based on his feedback, he has had good success with it.

Looking through his feedback, it appears most of his items sell via "Best Offer." vs. original asking price. His approach isn't something I'd pursue, but it's hard to argue against his results - and, as others have said, he's not doing anything wrong!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
06/24/2022 07:31 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
8548 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the marketplace--the good and the not-so-good. That particular seller sent me an offer last year after I placed one of their coins on my watch list. I think the original asking price was in the mid-$300 range--very high for the coin, but the coin looked good. The offer came in at something like $100--still rather high but I declined. I don't recall which coin it was, sadly.
Valued Member
United States
467 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This seller is more honestly High Price Low Rating. His buy it now prices are usually very high, more than normal market value. I feel sorry for novice collectors who buy from him at his asking price.
Edited by livingwater
06/24/2022 08:04 am
Learn More...
United States
38683 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  09:20 am  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This guy has a LOT of Caesar coins
https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ss...&_nkw=caesar
Show your support of the Coin Community Family (click here)
See what CCF members have for sale (click here)
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Each of us needs to be educated when shopping for coins, or selling them for that matter. The marketplace, wherever that may be, will never be a temple to honesty or virtue. I have purchased more than 2,300 coins from sellers and mints, and thus far no issues that were not easily remedied. If you are not willing to invest the time and effort to know what you are buying, then you know where the fault lies, it lies with thee.

The link comes up to a 1994 Veterans Memorial Silver Dollar. That one is very hard to find not hazed, clouded or toned, or even by itself. Oh well, the search goes on.
Edited by Erscolo
06/24/2022 11:48 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9179 Posts
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boba Debt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The link comes up to a 1994 Veterans Memorial Silver Dollar. That one is very hard to find not hazed, clouded or toned, or even by itself. Oh well, the search goes on.

There are four PF-69 Graded Coins that start at $61 and top out at $85
Learn More...
United States
23740 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This guy has a LOT of Caesar coins

While he does have some coins from Julius Caesar, many others are of other rulers that have the rank of "Caesar" (e.g. https://www.ebay.com/itm/234598185874?tmp=no).

Caveat emptor still applies.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
237 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  04:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captainmandrake1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, at least the COA is free. Normally, you'd have to pay $25-50 for that!!!!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 731Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: