Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another Screwball On E-Bay .

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,006Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17740 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  5:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Who's on first ?

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
8901 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check the sellers other listings--accurate, or equally off-base?
Valued Member
United States
295 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joshu - a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This looks like an honest typo from an authorized dealer.

A 1938 S nickel is worth that much.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70143 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure I get the issue here.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2439 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not silver and it's not a Washington quarter.
Wrong coin pictured.
Edited by Tunnioc
06/24/2022 7:05 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10314 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10314 Posts
Valued Member
United States
121 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ae802000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw acouple of items on ebay over the last couple days the the year matched the coin and description matched but the heading was for the wrong coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10314 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2022  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I messaged the guy from this listing telling (informing) him of his listing errors - he wrote back thanking me for the correct information and took down the listing..
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
10670 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  04:05 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
His 1926 Australian sixpence is actually not bad value at $5 for a .925 silver coin, but even from these appalling photos I wouldn't describe the coin as Uncirculated!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284802701781

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10314 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17740 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I messaged the guy from this listing telling (informing) him of his listing errors - he wrote back thanking me for the correct information and took down the listing..

Sorry guys I was too quick to judge the guy :(

In Memory of Butch L.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3650 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Geesh... "1938 S Washington silver 5 Cents circulated (see picture) #46" what is WRONG with kids these days, everybody knows that is Lincoln, not Washington. What did you learn in AmHistory?
-----Burton
48 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC, OnLinw Coin Club
Owned by four cats and a wife of 37 years (joined 1983)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10314 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Umm...
Quote:
everybody knows that is Lincoln, not Washington. What did you learn in AmHistory?

and that Jefferson (to whom we are talking about on this nickel and not Lincoln that is on this 5 cent coin.

Quote:
What did you learn in AmHistory

did you get a different history lesson than I did? [OO!}
Edited by Dearborn
06/25/2022 12:42 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10314 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sorry guys I was too quick to judge the guy :(

No worries Tony, I can't think of how many times I did just the same thing - just to come back and re-tract my statements.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17740 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2022  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to hear we have both made Ars's out of ourselves before .

In Memory of Butch L.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,006Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: