Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1915-S Lincoln Cent For Grading

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 1,051Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18055 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty coin, good crackout! I was on the fence with 66 and I think it could hit it if it cartwheels well under the brown. IMO, it's all about the luster to take it higher.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
06/28/2022 10:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1242 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fully agree, regardless I'd be satisfied with a 65bn, but a + or 6 would be better.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12545 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i dont know what they knocking this coin down 5 points from a perfect 70 for. . I've seen worse 66's slabbed than this one. which set of photos is more like the actual color as the first set says BN, the second to me looks like it could be RB. light glare is playing a big role hear
Pillar of the Community
United States
1242 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Second set shows the color better, taken at a lower angle, it is most definitely bn in hand.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9880 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure looks like it has a shot at 66. Thing is 66 is Top Pop and TPG tend to be reluctant to assign that high a grade. My guess is it comes back 65+ which right now has a 0 pop!
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
1242 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd settle for a 65+ any day.

I picked up a bunch of gem bn Lincolns to sub to PCGS, and a really clean prooflike Morgan today in Charleston, SC while on vacation, can't crack them out of the flips till I get home sadly...but here's a couple teasers...

Valued Member
United States
303 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Lincoln!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70210 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please show your new finds on separate threads!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12545 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
can wait to see your new acquisitions.

if this was mine i'd crack it out and send it for regrade but as BH1964 said. cracking though to be top-pop is indeed a tough mountain to climb. not sure why it is as it is what it is and should not be discriminated against just because.

i see a few very minor ticks on the top of the head and along the edge of the lapel as well as a very small nick on the second "1". a small discoloration at K4 obverse

on the reverse a very small mark on the top of the left wheat stock and maybe 2 or 3 very small ticks on a couple of the letters

a couple very very small marks on the rev rim at K2-3

all of these are very minor. this coin is MS66 all day with that strike and clean surfaces + or a gold bean. if you dont want to break her out I would at least look at getting it beaned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1242 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2022  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is already cracked out. Knowing PCGS, my prediction is this...it goes 65bn, then upon 3 maybe 4 resubs (maybe 8), it upgrades. Typical of PCGS LOL.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12545 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i think its worth a shot. the coin is just too nice
Valued Member
United States
117 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add I6609 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will tell you what really makes me mad is there is a advertisement over your link to look at the coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
756 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely good enough for 66. It's hard for PCGS to give a top pop grade but it deserves it. Let us know when you know.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaRukus660 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
1242 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will for sure give an update when I get it slabbed.

If anyone has any 65bn or better wheats they want to part with or trade around on, feel free to drop me a pm. This set is quite the challenge.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 1,051Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: