Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1967 Quarter Some With Error?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 311Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
122 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  11:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add gigi2110 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have to coins with the same date 1967, but I found out something different in one of them, let me show, I don't know maybe is damaged for the age for sure you will know better than me.

Learn More...
United States
24247 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  01:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@gigi, thank you for circling the areas of concern. It is so much easier to assess what you have when you make it clear in this way. On your quarter, all three of those areas looked damaged to me. Especially on the reverse, these are areas where metal has been gouged and deposited nearby.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  02:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gigi2110 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, Thank you for your acknowledgement and the help. I did another post, can you look at it and let me know your thoughts please? Is a post with the 1966 Lincoln penny. Again, thank you and have a good night!
Valued Member
United States
406 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  06:28 am  Show Profile   Check bugil46's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bugil46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10440 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with the great 'Spence' - the man behind the curtain - he knows all that is happening in this Coin World..
and I concur with his assessment - your quarter is simply showing the signs of its age and has the damage to prove it.
Now I'll go find your other post and have a look see.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9130 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  08:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A well wore quarter with a bit of post mint damage, but no mint errors.
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70382 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty normal looking overall.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8971 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, a common, (very) well-circulated '67 quarter with all the dings/hit/gouges to show for it. If coins could talk...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58856 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2022  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The eye was affected with Machine Doubling. You can see the reverse is also affect as well on image # 8. (last one) Note the stem is showing Machine Doubling. Just a 200K mile coin that has been working the vending machines for a very long time. Just a spender.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 311Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: