Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sold Out In 3 Days? American Innovation $1 Coin 2022 Bluegrass Kentucky

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 500Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
664 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  8:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dd27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Kentucky Bluegrass AI $1 coins went on sale 28 Jun 22. On 1 Jul 22 "product is currently unavailable." That's true for P&D, rolls and bags.

I assume the coins are sold out (maybe) because of the product limit, for example there's a product limit of 2,790 for the 2022-D AI dollars sold in 100-coin bags.

Why the product limit?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10251 Posts
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2022  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DiscoLover82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it bad that I don't care at all about these new NIFC-only issues? Part of the charm of coin collecting is seeing what I can find in circulation.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1995 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  12:02 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's the thrill of the hunt!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaRukus660 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

love the hunt.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1158 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They'll be back. Same thing happened with the vermont
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10251 Posts
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinnewcomer1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dearborn is correct they will return for sale. However, the time of sale seems to be shortening as you cannot purchase any 2020 and most of the 2021. This may reflect the US Mint's recent trend to base production mainly on enrollments so they do not get stuck with excess inventory (for example you can still get 2018 and 2019 AI P and D coins!).

As a collector of this series, aside from the nice designs and (mostly) interesting subjects commemorated, the attraction is these are not included in the US clad and silver proof sets or US Uncirculated set. Therefore the challenge is finding nice high grade MS ones. I started a discussion about purchasing bags and rolls and the majority prefer to get them from ebay. There are , to me, some pros and cons with this approach and I choose to search bags and rolls. Part of it is the excitement of the hunt another is I find this series a good way to develop my eye. It can be a challenging series for the business strikes.

So they sell out quickly initially due to 1) flippers, 2) its elusiveness due to it note being available in any sets, 3) the Mint making less of them compared to 2018 and 2019 issues, and 4) there collectors as myself who find it fun and an unusual opportunity to search a bag of uncirculated coins as the only way to hopefully find a nice BU. .

Edited by coinnewcomer1
07/02/2022 11:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1304 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are they migratory?

Like coconuts?
ANA member - PAN Member - BCCS Member
There are no problems only solutions - the late, great John Lennon
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10251 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
664 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2022  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dd27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Dearborn is correct they will return for sale. However, the time of sale seems to be shortening as you cannot purchase any 2020 and most of the 2021. This may reflect the US Mint's recent trend to base production mainly on enrollments so they do not get stuck with excess inventory (for example you can still get 2018 and 2019 AI P and D coins!).

As a collector of this series, aside from the nice designs and (mostly) interesting subjects commemorated, the attraction is these are not included in the US clad and silver proof sets or US Uncirculated set. Therefore the challenge is finding nice high grade MS ones. I started a discussion about purchasing bags and rolls and the majority prefer to get them from ebay. There are , to me, some pros and cons with this approach and I choose to search bags and rolls. Part of it is the excitement of the hunt another is I find this series a good way to develop my eye. It can be a challenging series for the business strikes.

So they sell out quickly initially due to 1) flippers, 2) its elusiveness due to it note being available in any sets, 3) the Mint making less of them compared to 2018 and 2019 issues, and 4) there collectors as myself who find it fun and an unusual opportunity to search a bag of uncirculated coins as the only way to hopefully find a nice BU.

Thank you coinnewcomer1! Very helpful and informative response.

~ Mark

P.S. I liked all the humorous replies too.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 500Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: