Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Made My First Bullion Vendor Purchase

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 854Next Topic  

United States
45 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  2:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Goldeggsandham to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I made a thread asking for favorite bullion dealers but it's locked now. I chose to order off of SilverGoldBull and these are what I got.

The beautiful mirror-like Canadian silver dollar was from a random pick $1 face value set priced around $16. The krugerrand has a couple milk spots though it's still a beautiful coin. I would love me some gold but I'll probably buy platinum instead. Thanks everybody
Pillar of the Community
United States
592 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! Silver is always nice to have. One thing to know is dealer return policies. Some allow a few days up to a week, buyer pays shipping return cost. But I've bought from some dealers that paid for shipping return cost, sent me a return label since the coin came damaged, not as described, especially on eBay using Paypal. Milk spots are unsightly but rather common on some coin types. It's good to buy from a local coin store if you can so you can see the coins before you buy. Your Krugerrand has milk spots and maybe scratches? The scratches could be on the capsule. If the scratches are on the coin I'd be inclined to send it back unless you got a discount price.
Edited by livingwater
07/02/2022 10:51 pm
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goldeggsandham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Livingwater, the scratches are fortunately on the capsule and not the krugerrand. Thanks
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16326 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Canadian silver dollar is worth bullion because of the condition.
It contains 18.66g of silver so you have paid a fairly large premium.
Keep it though as I'm sure the price of silver will rise again.
Pillar of the Community
United States
592 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silver premiums have been high. Most of the major online dealers have sales. It's good to buy the sales if it's something a buyer wants.
Edited by livingwater
07/03/2022 10:54 am
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goldeggsandham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Canadian dollar was randomly picked out of dimes, quarters, halves, and other dollars in any condition at $1 face value. I see those dollars selling around that price. I do agree the silver premiums are pretty high. Randomly picked junk silver sets(by face value) are not in stock at SGB(so no price) but are expensive on APMEX. My local dealer sells those sets cheaper with denomination options to chose at no extra cost. The catch with my dealer is rounds, bars, and bullion coins tend to be higher.
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamuelPickwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It contains 18.66g of silver
I'm not familiar with the silver Canada dollar... so they have 0.6 ozt Ag, is that the case for all years?
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goldeggsandham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a link about Canadian silver dollars. I don't know much about Canadian coins so I had to read it myself.

http://www.anecoins.ca/index.php?op...54&Itemid=61
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamuelPickwick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent link, thank you. It looks like they have always been 0.6 @ 80%.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 854Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: