Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2018-P Jefferson Nickel- Very Strong Die Clash

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 518Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
5754 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  9:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This was a fun pocket change find while on vacation in Florida. I wasn't there too long but still got the chance to hunt some coins a little bit. Stronger than I normally see and visible with the naked eye which was a big plus. Always loved the clash mark of the eye beneath the Monticello and this is my first I found with a strong example of it. Thanks for taking a look!

-CH27

And a big shoutout to whoever implemented this new pixlr photo optimizer here on CoinCommunity. Much easier to manage and I'm able to upload much higher quality images than I could before. Loving it!

Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
Edited by CoinHunter27
07/02/2022 9:52 pm
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Perfect Error to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice CoinHunter27! Congrats!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10471 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
601 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice find
Pillar of the Community
United States
2153 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool! Clear and easy to see.
Cherrypicker/Error Collector
Best Coins:
1971 LMC Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/393989
1944-D OMM-001 FS-511
http://goccf.com/t/412322
Pillar of the Community
United States
1336 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2022  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice clash and change find!
Best Find - 1976 D WQ DDO-001 http://goccf.com/t/382777
Learn More...
United States
24278 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  04:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a die clash to me too. Well done.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
1057 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool find and fantastic pic's!
If I could take pic's like that I would post more instead of just comment.
Thanks for sharing!
smat
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10471 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2439 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are fun clashes to find
with the eyes peeking out below the Monticello!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70470 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good eye on this!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45885 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58904 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3127 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on a great find.

That clashing is very nice on both sides.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups.
We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5754 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2022  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone! One of the nicest clashes I have found so far. As for my photography, I decided to finally sit down and make a post about my setup:

http://goccf.com/t/424527

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Coins, Varieties, and Colonial Coinage
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 518Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: