Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1944 D Lincoln Cent RPM?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 480Next Topic  
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  01:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kryscoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is that a different mint mark under the D? Did I just find my first RPM?

Pillar of the Community
United States
674 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  03:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nope
Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  03:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kryscoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope?

That's all you got? Sure is feeling less and less friendly around here.

What is behind the top left of the D, then?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45698 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try a 100% pure acetone soak,not standard nail polish remover. Did you check all three reference sites we all need to do before posting here on CCF? If you did, what attribution number do you think it might be?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
8901 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As noted by John1. Consider that the feature appearing just above the edge of the legit mint mark appears to be smaller--not the vestige of a full sized mint mark.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10314 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70143 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Possibly old circulation damage. Agree this is unlikely a RPM.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
9124 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no, it's not a RPM. Suggest you research what a real RPM looks like.
ša va bien aller

United States
26 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kryscoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
See, I see 1944-D RPM-013 or -005

I can't believe how incredibly rude some of your comments are.

Yes, I checked all three websites.

My issue is matching up due breaks and markers.

I think this "community" needs to research the definition of the word.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58734 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is not the shape of the RPM to look for. It is the shape and the location to be a match to the ones on the sites. RPMs can get weaker on the dies as they are polished. But I checked also. No match to the three sites. I was sure it was one of them, worked up the images and it was not that one. Shape and location of the mintmarks need to be an exact match for an known die number. If the coin was a better coin condition, it would nicer to see. But coins are what they are when we get them. (circulation flattening makes the devices look bigger as it widens out the top taper on the devices.)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I've been fooled by this same thing, Krys. It's a good coin to keep at least the images of so you can compare other coins in the future. Your pictures are quite good.

I also can assure you that the responders here mean well. Yes, they can be short from time to time, but that's only because they commit to answering so many questions, so there's only so much time they can spend on each post.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1479 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As Coop says, the mm location is key. If you look at all the 44 mm north, they are all farther away from the 9.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 480Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: