Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

This Is A Filipino 20 Centavo 1944 D/S

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 343Next Topic  

4 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  05:51 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Neverodoreven to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just wanted to share a the first of a collection I got after my grandfather passed to honor his memory and his service during WW2. Few know that the Japanese had cut off the Philippines from getting their currency during this time and it was the US who took the duty of minting for them. We only minted for a few years till they could handle it and we did it with such care there was only one variety to be found and this is it.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3992 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
491 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF. Nice coin. I have a few USA/Philippine coins. Mine are from 1903-1912 period. My daughter-in-law is from the Philippines. I gave one of these coins to her and one to the grandkids. There's info about the USA/Philippine coins online.
Edited by livingwater
07/04/2022 08:08 am
4 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Neverodoreven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appreciate that Keith 12 that was the info I was given by my granddad hope I didn't lead anyone to far from histories truth it's days like this I wish he were still alive or at least I wish I had worked harder to retain to wisdom and history he tried to impart. Thanks livingwater it's a part of the world I would love to spend some time but I fear financially I won't be able in this economy take care of them grand babies we just thought it would be our kids who picked the home we ended up in. Lol
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3992 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Appreciate that Keith 12

We're all here to learn (well most of us)
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 343Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: