Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help Grade This 1965 Lincoln Cent, Question Can It Get To MS-66?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 393Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
758 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  2:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Last of the 1960's I need in at least ms-66. Hoping for your opinion?
If it won't make it, I will keep searching.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70347 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good shot at 66, I'd say.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17772 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry not in my book . Obverse rims very small issues , reverse S in pluribus maybe bad hit ? Small scratch underneath D&S . Maybe MS-65+RD .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2869 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, this coin will not rich 66. Me I doubt also an 65 by the ways the TPG go today.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3282 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2022  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't see this as a MS66...is that a scratch on Lincoln's temple?

KK
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12576 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2022  08:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a little too much glare to assess any marks which are key to 66 and above. the reverse photo is not too bad.

I'm with T-Bop on this one MS65+RD

the shoulder and lapel have a little too much chatter and a couple good hits on either side of the motto and too many rim nicks on the obv. still a nice example but just short imo.

finding a 66 or 66+ is not easy and finding a 67 is pretty rare. just look at the number graded on PCGS...keep looking
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18064 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2022  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
66RD
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24556 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  11:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks MS-66RD to me.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2022  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaRukus660 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 393Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: