Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Australian, New Zealand And Pacific Coin Acquisitions Here!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 169 / Views: 7,451Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
581 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow.... that's different.

Really hard to say from the grainy texture of your photo. A delamination? Or PMD with a power tool?
Don't spend it at the shop.
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1186 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've noticed that this thread is getting a little messy lately. It's my understanding that it's for coins that have been purchased and not for those found, nor for error coins.
Maybe one of the Mods could tidy this up?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
788 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Should have title of thread changed too Australian & New Zealand and Oceania purchased coins only.and a seperate thread for circulation finds.
Edited by Allcoinage
09/30/2022 12:34 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
788 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry coaster my fault I didn't read the title properly.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
22064 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Should have title of thread changed too Australian & New Zealand and Oceania purchased coins only.and a separate thread for circulation finds.

These type topics suck, I hate them. I should've never let them start.Coins that deserve their own topic get seen for one day then a new page starts and they're never seen again. But if I lock them and direct people to make their own topics, people get all kinds of whiney.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
581 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
time out for me.....
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree I started this thread for Purchases only, not circulation finds.

I also strongly recommended it was for prestige NCLT and classics only, several posts showing worn out 5cent coins from circulation are not really what I want to see here.

They are dragging the thread down a bit, you don't see that on the British or Canadian coins acquisition thread.
Valued Member
Australia
184 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crab eater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
O.K then, back on track with these I just got in the mail.

I have been purchasing N.Z proof sets with the silver dollars, have a couple more to get before I show them off.
Saw these single dollar coins going relatively cheap so I probably will start to collect them all too now.
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2022  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those coins are nice, but those boxes are stained and should be thrown away. Fortunately the capsules are a high quality plastic and will protect the coins.

Silver proof dollars are a good buy, as they can brought for basically melt value. This is a good time as mintages of them were in the high 4 and low 5 figures, which is low by international standards. Even the Cupronickel $1 coins are low mintage outside the big years of 1967, 1969, 1974.
Valued Member
Australia
184 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crab eater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stains mean they are well loved
I will not throw them away.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
581 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  04:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some stocking filler to amuse the masses.

More lots of coins purchased by me this year for $1.56 per coin, regardless of type and grade.
Apologies for the pics, my lighting set up got trashed yesterday by a new puppy!
When I finish the current re-housing of my main pre-decimal aussie collection, all of these will receive some attention to make sure that verdigris and pvc disease is not going to affect them any more than it may have already. I've completed the bronze coins and about to start on the small silvers. I am going to need to purchase ( or swap for) some early ones, but that is a discussion for another topic and day.

1966 Australian 50 cent
(I bought an additional 7 of these but they are error coins and packed away in another tote bin.)

1972 Australian 5 cent

1968 Australian 1 cent

Pillar of the Community
Australia
4524 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  04:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So that's where all the '72s are.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
581 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know.... I almost feel guilty
Pillar of the Community
4628 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  05:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great group, getting all those silver 50 cents was good,they have about $8 - $10 worth of silver in each coin. I only have 7 of them but 19 Canberra Florins in my bulk storage.
Learn More...
United States
118567 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2022  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent adds!

As for the circulation finds, there is a more general topic for those...

http://goccf.com/t/318659
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 169 / Views: 7,451Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: