Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Australian, New Zealand And Pacific Coin Acquisitions Here!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 140 / Views: 5,026Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4272 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2022  07:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
a Woolworths, huh? here in the US, we used to have that store chain - but it went bust I think.

It's the largest supermarket chain in Australia.

Quote:
Very nice. Thanks for posting

Thanks Ralf, I have 2 for you.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2022  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Woolworths Group (Australia), the largest retail company in Australia and New Zealand; named after the American F.W. Woolworth company, but unrelated"
Quote:
The name on the draft prospectus drawn up by Cecil Scott Waine was "Walworth's Bazaar" - a play on the name of F.W. Woolworth, the owner of the Woolworth's chain in the United States and United Kingdom.[5] According to Ernest Robert Williams, Percy Christmas dared him to register the name Woolworths instead, which he succeeded in doing after finding out the name was available for use in New South Wales.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolw..._(Australia)
Valued Member
Learn More...
Australia
416 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2022  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Quote:
The name on the draft prospectus drawn up by Cecil Scott Waine was "Walworth's Bazaar" - a play on the name of F.W. Woolworth, the owner of the Woolworth's chain in the United States and United Kingdom.[5] According to Ernest Robert Williams, Percy Christmas dared him to register the name Woolworths instead, which he succeeded in doing after finding out the name was available for use in New South Wales.

Get out of town! who knew?
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Australia
416 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2022  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few more NZ pre decimals to add to the album, $1.56 each.
I keep finding more surprises.

1947 Florin

1965 Sixpence (circulated)

1954 Sixpence

1958 Threepence

1956 Penny

Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
Australia
15 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aeromedic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
Seeing that this is a "post recent acquisitions" topic, I'd thought I'd mention getting the recent 75th Anniversary Signals Directorate 50 cent coin issued from the Mint. I only ordered one, despite the high freight charge, so I could have bought lots. Given the current demand, several would have been in order.
I only needed one though, and to get that, I had to wait in line until I got an email to say, it was my turn to order.
I just thought that this was an amazing situation.
Thoughts anyone?
Valued Member
Learn More...
Australia
416 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  02:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just thought that this was an amazing situation.
Thoughts anyone?

First off.....
Hope you enjoy your time at CCF, I know I do!

To your question about the mint and their ordering system, I have never personally ordered anything from the mint, so I don't know if what you describe is the standard practice. Perhaps the ordering clerk is under the pump or the system is prone to crash if it gets overloaded....I'm sure others here who use that service will be able to flesh this out a bit. I don't plan to get one in the near future, but it looked like an interesting coin when it was released.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  06:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a couple of little 5 cent 1972,2001

Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  06:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh and this Australian $2 2022 coin.

Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Found a couple of little 5 cent 1972,2001

Quote:
Oh and this Australian $2 2022 coin.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4353 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everybody has this Socceroo coin except me. Great scores guys.

Ttkoo, the Kiwi collection is coming along.

Always happy when I can convert an Australian to collecting the coins of my country. They had to do nothing for me to collect the coins of their country (My Australian coin collection, outstrips my Kiwi one easily - Typical Aussies always outdoing us Kiwis and showing off!).

I love COINS!!!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4272 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Everybody has this Socceroo coin except me. Great scores guys.

Yes you do. You just don't have it in hand yet.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Valued Member
Learn More...
Australia
416 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2022  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Always happy when I can convert an Australian to collecting the coins of my country.

Yes, you had a bit to do with my interest in coins of NZ. You are the consummate storyteller with the ability to weave a tale around the coins and draw the reader in. Also, having spent some years there and got married there in the early 80's I have my own connection with the place. BUT the things that really attract me are those juicy silver half crowns!
I'm still looking for that 1944....it has to be a nice one too!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
576 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a few coins in circulation today here they are.

Edited by Allcoinage
Yesterday 10:31 am
Learn More...
United States
116290 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Found a few coins in circulation today here they are.
Excellent!
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 140 / Views: 5,026Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: