Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For Help On Locations Near Philadelphia

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 316Next Topic  
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2022  10:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add drhscl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I'm a newbie planning on beginning what I hope will be a long and enjoyable experience in metal detecting. I currently live in the Philadelphia area and would be interested in hearing about any locations a newcomer might find exciting. I've read about the laws on searching in the various types of parks; national, state and municipal. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17910 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2022  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please don't take this as a sarcastic response to your question but just joking around ; You can try detecting in and around the Philadelphia Mint , there should be all kinds of coins one can find there .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
409 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2022  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://detectingschool.com/metal-d...ennsylvania/ may help give you some thoughts on the rules and a couple areas. Anywhere that has land which has been travelled on regularly by foot in the past, or especially from an older settlement or historic area where old coins may be found, also parks to pick-your-own-fruit orchard, farms, beaches and the like. Someone found a coin in a historic area of Maryland recently, a neighboring state to you https://www.cnn.com/style/article/m...d/index.html and another in Maryland https://www.idahostatesman.com/news...4381998.html
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71747 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2022  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the late '60s, my wife and I used to regularly detect in Robin Hood Dell in Fairmount Park, and just as regularly get kicked out by the police. But we just found a ton of stuff. What fun it was.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 316Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: