Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Shortage? Where Are All The Coins?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 905Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2067 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think there is a drastic increase of coin roll hunters, or people hoarding copper cents to justify a national "coin shortage". I think it costs more for the banks to get the boxes of change shipped, so they order the bare minimum needed, and reduce the amount they give to coin enthusiasts. There are plenty of coins out there, just laziness and excuses are keeping the coins in the vault. Just my opinion and observations, I have not searched for any concrete evidence to back them up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2355 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The problem may also lie with reduced requests for coins by the retailers and with increased use of electronic payments.

I went to McDonald's a week or so back and all they had in the registers were quarters.
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Pillar of the Community
United States
8962 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure about the laziness assessment.

Over the last 10+ months I've had no problem obtaining rolls from three major banks and their many branches out west. Sure, I might not be successful walking out with a handtruck load of boxes weekly, but I do have handfuls of rolls over the same period.
Learn More...
United States
114863 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Coin shortage = We Don't Feel Like Making Change
Or we do not feel like paying with exact change.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 905Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: