Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Coins/Medals/Tokens That Are Intentionally Dual-Dated

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 235 / Views: 6,502Next Topic
Page: of 16
Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SMRStars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have this coin which is a circulation coin...since I'm away from home I am posting a stock picture

Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SMRStars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have this coin which is a circulation coin...since I'm away from home I am posting a stock picture...One of my faves

Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SMRStars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I meant it was a circulation coin.
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
11303 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Isle of Man crown bearing the dates 1952 and 1977 for the Silver Jubilee of the late Queen Elizabeth II:
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Isle of Man crown bearing the dates 1952 and 1977 for the Silver Jubilee of the late Queen Elizabeth II:
Lovely example!
Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SMRStars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have these coins which is are circulation coins...since I'm away from home I am posting a stock pictures

Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8490 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  07:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1997 US Silver Dollar and Gold Half Eagle commemorating the life and legacy of Jackie Robinson, the man who broke the color barrier in Major League Baseball and accomplished much for civil rights in the US outside of baseball, each feature multiple dates.

The Silver Dollar features three dates in total, the "1997" primary/issue date on its obverse and two MLB milestone dates on its reverse - Jackie's Rookie of the Year award ("1947") and his Baseball Hall of Fame induction year ("1962").

The Gold Half Eagle also features three dates, the "1997" primary/issue date on its obverse and Jackie's birth and death years ("1919-1972") on its reverse.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
09/28/2022 08:03 am
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The 1997 US Silver Dollar and Gold Half Eagle commemorating the life and legacy of Jackie Robinson
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
4064 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have this coin which was a circulation coin...since I'm away from home I am posting a stock picture...One of my faves
Here's mine, though considering the quality of those photos I might have been better off with a stock pic...

[EDIT: I didn't find it in circulation obviously! Bought from the antiques shop at Myasnitskaya in April 2011.]
Edited by january1may
09/28/2022 10:45 am
Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's mine, though considering the quality of those photos I might have been better off with a stock pic...
Nah! Looks good to me.
Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SMRStars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For all NHL fans here are a couple of circulation coins $1

Learn More...
United States
118320 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8490 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2022  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In 1998, the US Mint struck the Black Revolutionary War Patriots commemorative Silver Dollar to recognize "Black Revolutionary War patriots and the 275th anniversary of the birth of the first Black Revolutionary War patriot, Crispus Attucks, who was the first American colonist killed by British troops during the Revolutionary period..."

The coin's obverse presents a three-quarters, right-facing portrait of Crispus Attucks; it was designed by John Mercanti. It also presents the dual dates of "1723-1770" - Attucks is believed to have been born in 1723 and died in 1770 in the American-British confrontation that came to be known as the "Boston Massacre." A third date, the coin's issue date is also seen on the obverse.

The coin's reverse design depicts a portion of the Black Patriots Memorial that was planned for construction in Washington, DC; the design is the work of Ed Dwight who designed the full statue/memorial. Note: The statue/memorial has not yet been built full-scale. (See links below for more on the statue/memorial.)

1998 Black Revolutionary War Patriots Silver Dollar

For more about the Black Patriots Memorial failure, see:

- 1998 Black Revolutionary War Patriots Silver Dollar
- Quick Bits #10 - Two Surcharge Stories

For more of my posts about commemorative coins and medals, see: Commems Collection.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Page: of 16 Previous TopicReplies: 235 / Views: 6,502Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: