Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Help To Identify Paramount Cafe Good For One Drink

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 368Next Topic  
Valued Member

Portugal
179 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2022  4:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jsalgado to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I come to ask any informations that could be given me on the
Paramount Cafe. Newark N.J. Good for one 5 drink.
24,5 mm ; brass.
Thank you
jsalgado

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8250 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What information are you seeking?

You know the business that released the token, where the business was located, what the token was "Good For" and its metallic composition. Plenty of info for you to start a productive internet search!

So, I ask again, what information are you seeking that you can't find with a little time with an internet search engine?

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Portugal
179 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsalgado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Besides the informations given by the inscriptions of the token I try to know if there is some publication that makes reference it is linked, if it is still in activity, historical anyone by what have interest. I did not manage to find any reference in the Internet. In the whole case I thank your message
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8250 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, that helps.

I'm not sure about a book that references the token - I don't collect many tokens, so I'm not well-versed in the various catalogs. Hopefully, a dedicated collector of the field will jump in with some guidance.

I checked https://www.tokencatalog.com (a good general starting point for research on many tokens), but did not find a "Paramount Cafe" listing (You might consider contributing your image to the catalog!).

I also had a quick scan of the online City Directories via the Newark Public Library site, but didn't find too much. Here's a link to the NPL site: https://digital.npl.org/, maybe a deeper dive by you will turn something up.

Good luck! Hope you find what you're looking for!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Portugal
179 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jsalgado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am very much thanked for your help. I will keep on looking as I have been doing with other tokens. I have it
hope of which I will be going to have success. Much obliged shears your message.
Valued Member
United States
400 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like its from paramount cafe (likely in old newark located on Railroad place Newark, New Jersey) Here are two old maps of railroad place from 1911 and 1874 and a photo of 21 railroad place in 1891 and 1894 to start. I guess you'd have to dig further for photos or info of railroad place shops during those periods which is more likely when it was around. https://newarkstreets.com/photos/th...e=1&sotmp=no

Perhaps an atlas if cant find anything https://wardmapsgifts.com/collectio...-jersey-1911
Edited by datadragon
08/07/2022 1:12 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 368Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: