Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1995 D Dime Is This What A Doubled Die Looks Like Is It Off Center On The Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 303Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
197 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2022  2:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
on my 1995 D dime is this a doubled die and on the reverse is it off center or why does it look that way

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10351 Posts
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i was wondering about that are they collectible
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so do all of you just donate your time on here to teach peaple like me or what do you guys get out of it if anything
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10351 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
548 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You and others like you have my respect, thank you.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58744 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The areas you are looking at is call circulation flattening. The other issue with this coin is that it was struck with a extremely worn die. Not the mintmark. Can you see the distortion there. That is DDD. On the obverse dimes, there is very few DDO's since 1973. So they are pretty much a waste of time to look at. But studying the sites will help you see where to look for the DDR's. Each year will show different listings, but always consider these areas on other Single Squeeze DDR dies. (I always figure, if it happened once on one year, it can happen on another one. That is how I found a new DDR on the Lincoln Cent 2000-D Reverses) But with that logic, look at the listings. Those will show you more of WHERE to look for DDR's on Dimes. Looking on the areas of the past is not going to help find a DDR on these Single Squeeze dies.
Look at the ones on this list to see what to look for on the Single Squeeze DDR's on the lower area of this page:
http://www.varietyvista.com/07%20Ro...Listings.htm
You will keep from putting a lot of mileage on your eyes that way. Look at the years/mints that are underlined.

CoopHome: What areas on the new dimes will show DDR's on the single squeeze dimes? the locations might surprise you. The first word be Doh!

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
08/05/2022 10:18 am
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol ok thanks I will go check it out and I appreciate everyone for trying to teach all about the trade I really do appreciate it more than you will ever know
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2815 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  10:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Prisbey1, we answer to you guys (ladies) from the passion we have for this hobby, not for other thing. Dear, COOP answer from the passion. Me I wrote here from my default to say what I know and past to others and them after to pass forward the knowledge. Not everyone here will do same, but majority yes. We have nothing to loos but the pleasure to know we help someone, somewhere and somehow. This it is the philosophy. Welcome in the circle and learn to discern.
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you and I really mean that
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 303Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: