Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1976 Lincoln Cent Liberty Stamped Three Times?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 550Next Topic  
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  1:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Annie0622 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What type of error is this where you can see Liberty stamped three times?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71521 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please explain or illustrate with closeup pics.

to the CCF!
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Annie0622 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the pic right above the ty in liberty you can see another ty above the stamped liberety ty and then another ty above that one even
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Annie0622 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can see liberty faintly on a curve almost above the stamped liberty it is just the ty is most prominient
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Annie0622 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59516 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are only struck once, unless they get stuck in the chamber. This was not struck three times. You could have Machine Doubling that affects the outside/inside edges of the coin after the strike, but not a triple strike.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Annie0622 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thank you. I wasnt sure what it was so I was looking for clarification.
Pillar of the Community
United States
635 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are the extra letters raised or incuse?
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Annie0622 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So is a machine double coin good or not so much?
Learn More...
United States
24717 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@annie, Machine Doubling does not affect the numismatic value of a coin. Your cent is worth just what it says on the rev. With that said, some folks save an exemplar of Machine Doubling so that they can use it to compare with other cases of doubling that they find. The cost of ownership is low, so certainly save it if you want.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1773 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2022  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need a clearer in focus picture. I think I see what you're looking at a Y way above the Y. If this is what you're seeing, it's just a stain or discoloration. If it was struck 3 times you could see the whole obverse 3 times.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10952 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you can zoom into the specific area and maybe use arrows to pint to what you are seeing.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
4987 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is Machine Doubling to the extreme and although nothing can be told by the pics provided if it is similar to this, then it is MD.
Edited by Jim0815
08/06/2022 3:42 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 550Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: