Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1811 Half Cent In Hand Pictures

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 326Next Topic  
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  12:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jwelzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Finally got the coin in hand guys here's the pics any info is appreciated

Pillar of the Community
United States
761 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wide date variety. Obverse appears to show XF sharpness to the devices but looks a little grainy or mushy to me. The reverse appears to show only VG/ F details and I am concerned about what appears to be extra blobs of metal on the top right leaves. This is too much of a rare KEY coin to purchase raw in my opinion but I am no expert on this series. What say the learned of the community?
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinEnthusiast to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll go with VF details (porous). It's a nice example of a key date coin. I picked up an 1811 recently, but yours far outclasses mine. Congratulations on the acquisition.
Pillar of the Community
United States
761 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS gives this coin a rarity factor of 6.2 with an estimated survival population of only 400 in all grades. A PO-1 example is valued at $160, G-4= $450, VG-8= $700, F-12= $1400, VF is over $2K, assuming it is genuine.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
70350 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at VF details (porosity) as well.
Learn More...
United States
24235 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jwe, for sure not a big deal, but in general please remove the coin from the 2x2 before snapping your pics as this can help folks provide their best estimate of grade. Again, these pics are fine as you have managed to avoid glare, but for your next purchase. Thx and congrats on what seems like a super purchase.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jwelzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I uploaded the original pictures, here's the coin out of 2x2, and thanks for your knowledge

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jwelzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, it uploaded wrong pics again
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jwelzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok here, geez rookie!! Tell us you new here without telling us your new & &

Learn More...
United States
24235 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
here's the coin out of 2x2

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24556 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2022  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF details, environmental damage.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 326Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: