Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Australia Great White Shark Silver Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 455Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  4:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What can I say? The design made me smile a little so I have been waiting to get one at a sane price.

Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2022  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example, I just posted the same coin I also acquired in another thread. Take a close look and if it looks like it might be a 69 or 70 I would consider grading it at some point. http://goccf.com/t/307848&whichpage=198

Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
DATA - Great minds... ;-) Only 25,000 minted, eh? Good to know!
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Brilliant Uncirculated coins in Australia's Most Dangerous Series all so far have maximum mintages of just 25,000 pieces. The first was The Redback Spider, the second was the Great White Shark, and the newest third release is the desert scorpion if you are interesting in collecting the series vs just coins you like the design.

There are sometimes versions made with higher collectibility in mind. A legal-tender $5 coin of this Great White Shark design was struck by the Royal Australian Mint for 2022 in five full ounces of highly pure 99.9% fine silver in same original Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) condition. Just 1,000 of these 2022 Australia $5 Five-Ounce Silver Most Dangerous Great White Shark Coins have been authorized for worldwide release. That's a decent low mintage for such a popular theme and design. There is also a 1 oz Silver Colorized Proof Coin with a 1,000 mintage. Certainly the design and lower mintage are desirable by many and easy to see how popular it is now, but its always hard to speculate on future demand if not just collecting for yourself such as when you get into higher pricing of 5 oz silver coins in current economic times. Always plenty of fun choices in coin collecting.

But the one I liked the most was the space blue proof version, limited to only 100. Some dont like colorized coins but this one looks good.

Edited by datadragon
08/09/2022 12:01 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
Australia
432 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2022  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ttkoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that's a shark!
The Ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice design leaping up at yah.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
647 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2022  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That 5oz version must be nice in person! The colorized one looks like one of the better quality color coins as well. Some look... well...........
Valued Member
United States
412 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nells250: That 5oz version must be nice in person! The colorized one looks like one of the better quality color coins as well. Some look... well...........

I actually found a video of the 5oz version, its a bit hard to see the impact of such a large coin with photos sometimes.

YfNmosrk38U

I posted another one I have here with a leaping shark. 2021 2 oz Silver Great White Shark - Ocean Predators Solomon Islands $5 Coin .9999 Fine Limited 1,500 https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=307848
Edited by datadragon
08/17/2022 3:43 pm
Learn More...
United States
116394 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What can I say? The design made me smile a little so I have been waiting to get one at a sane price.
Excellent!
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 455Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: