Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2003 S Sacagawea Dollar Proof Has Damage On The First A In America. Is This Grease On The Die?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 222Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
58 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  09:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinhunter58 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a 2003 S Sacagawea dollar Proof coin from one of my proof sets that looks like it has damage on the first A in America. I think it may have been grease on the die. Would you agree that is all this is? Are proof coin errors worth pursuing? My camera isn't the greatest, so please excuse the "almost" full shots of the coin.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11045 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2022  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is possible that there was a tiny bit of grease deep in the A of the die. Nice find. but is there an increase in value? I'm not too sure about that (I'm not that good at determining value yet)
I'm sure that someone will be along shortly to help you there.
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 222Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: