Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

American Liberty 2022 Silver Medal

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 122 / Views: 4,627Next Topic
Page: of 9
Valued Member
United States
410 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Got my order acknowledgment (edit: and now confirmation 2:48pm). No problems in ordering this time so I guess all the other product pre purchasing via enrollments helped to fix some of the hot day of release item issues experienced last year. Good job MINT!
Edited by datadragon
08/18/2022 3:13 pm
Valued Member
United States
339 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remind me at 34 minutes. Maybe it will be a good buy.
Pillar of the Community
United States
568 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Andddddddddd it's gone.

Will be going to the WFOM shortly.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aileron to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Their web site worked very well for me, no hiccups. 'Got two of them.
Learn More...
United States
116343 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am surprised it sold out considering how easy it was to order and how many remained after 15 minutes. I wonder if some bulk buyers jumped in at some point.
Learn More...
United States
116343 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Order Confirmed email from email received from the Mint.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aileron to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JBuck: " I am surprised it sold out considering how easy it was to order and how many remained after 15 minutes. I wonder if some bulk buyers jumped in at some point. "

It seemed too smooth. I wouldn't be surprised if they held some back, and we'll see them available again. That happened with the Vermont dollar coins - they appeared to be sold out quickly, within an hour, and then a week later they were available again (and they still are).
Edited by Aileron
08/18/2022 1:46 pm
Valued Member
United States
423 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my 2 ordered. Glad I didn't wait for later today. Was in 11:02 CST and out at 11:03 CST no hiccups. Nice looking medals can't wait to get them.
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mraderm946 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Took about 3 minutes...add to bag, checkout, info...boom, order confirmed. Can't wait to get it. Love the bucking bronco as well as the script.
Valued Member
United States
339 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mintage was 75K but they only started with about 47K. What do you think the difference is? Produce more if there is demand?
Edited by Eagle4Life
08/18/2022 2:23 pm
Valued Member
United States
410 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The mintage was 75K but they only started with about 47K. What do you think the difference is? Produce more if there is demand?

The mintage is 75,000 total and then no more are produced. The American Liberty Silver Medal is part of the Authorized Bulk Purchase Program and is available to Authorized Bulk (AB) purchasers. Products listed in this program will be eligible for early release, carry an AB suffix to the product code, and may carry a premium. Early released products are not eligible for discounts. https://www.usmint.gov/news/press-r...le-august-18

United States Mint Authorized Bulk Purchase Program applicants must be active members in the Mint's existing Numismatic Bulk Purchase Program (NBPP) in good standing for at least two years, have a two-year revenue average with the NBPP of at least $500,000 annually, and have a history of full compliance with the Mint's excessive returns policy. Not all Mint products will be offered through this program, and no more than 10% of products with limited quantities will be distributed under this program. https://www.usmint.gov/news/press-r...hase-program So this just means that some of them went to 3rd party sellers who will have them but at different pricing than the mint pricing.
Edited by datadragon
08/18/2022 2:40 pm
Learn More...
United States
116343 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they held some back, and we'll see them available again. That happened with the Vermont dollar coins - they appeared to be sold out quickly, within an hour, and then a week later they were available again (and they still are).
Maybe so. Checking the product page source I see that "data-available" is "0.0" while "availableCount" is 41237.
Valued Member
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ericgreen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope they held some back. My sick 2 year old woke up from a nap right before it went live. By the time I got back they were sold out.
Valued Member
United States
339 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
datadragon - Reread what I wrote and try again with the response?
Valued Member
United States
410 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add datadragon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
datadragon - Reread what I wrote and try again with the response?

I was just mentioning that about 10% usually are reserved for distribution under the bulk program so thats some of them. I dont know if they allowed a higher amount to them because of the 99 order limit. You mentioned they only started with about 47K.and Jbuck pointed out the available amount was set to 41237 of which are currently shown to be sold as data-available is zero and remind me is now showing on the product page. Other than what Aileron mentioned, maybe keep an eye tomorrow at 7:30AM to see what amount if any become available or later if anyone happens to be checking, but I dont have any other info now if the amount initially was only around 41-47k instead of 75k minus bulk purchases unless the bulk purchases were in higher amounts then 10%.
Edited by datadragon
08/18/2022 3:48 pm
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 122 / Views: 4,627Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: