Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1965 Washington Quarter - DDO - NGC Results-Not Happy

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 762Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2022  11:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MrBreeze to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I sent this 1965 Washington quarter that I believe along with several folks on the error and variety forum to be a FS-101. It is late die state as well, but I didn't think that would affect a variety attribution. I looked up the results today online and NGC straight graded this as an MS65 with no variety attribution. I am certain that I selected and paid for the variety attribution, so am trying to figure out why they wouldn't attribute it? Is it because the late die state? What options would I have ? Should I just let it be? Thanks all!

Edited by MrBreeze
08/13/2022 11:45 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47359 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  04:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Call them.Please let us know what they say.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73288 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good advice. I assume you have a copy of your submission to confirm the request/payment.
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrBreeze to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes - I just found my email with the submission invoice that shows variety plus and fee that I paid for variety plus. I will call on Monday.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely contact them...they should re-slab as requested (or advise otherwise) at their cost.

KK
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 08/18/2022  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrBreeze to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Small update - they have agreed to look at the coin again. It is in the mail back to me so when I get it I am to send it back in for Grader Review. Fingers crossed they will give it the attribution!! I will update more once the Grader Review process has been completed.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
25630 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hope you do better on the second look.
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2022  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrBreeze to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received the coin back last night. I took a few photos of the coin in the slab. It is hard for me to believe that it didn't get the FS-101 designation on round one. Hopefully they don't call it Strike Doubling. I am awaiting instructions on how to do the return for Grader Review. Hopefully next post will be one with the coin in a new slab with the designation!!

Edited by MrBreeze
08/23/2022 5:00 pm
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrBreeze to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
UPDATE!!!!! Got the coin back from the Grader Review! Now that's what I am talking about! Glad to have it in the collection!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47359 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. I am glad it worked out for you. Did they cover all of the costs?
John1
Valued Member
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrBreeze to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@John1 - Yes - they covered all costs. Frustrating time with NGC new shipping method of FedEx, but in time it all worked out.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47359 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1269 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great that it worked out!
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73288 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2022  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats. You certainly earned this!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3638 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2022  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This it is great news. Is the best coin all know coins for 65 Fs-101, all TPG and collector combine.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 762Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: