Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 D Nickel Is This Some Kind Of Damage On The Reverse On The Pillar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 329Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
388 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  02:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
on the reverse of my 2021 D nickel on the pillar is it some sort of damage that makes it look like a black and white Candy Cane it looks to evenly spaced to me for it to be damage but what do I know I cant even spot what a double die looks like

Pillar of the Community
United States
741 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oddguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like damage to me, maybe from a hit of another coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16209 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't see how it would be an error so it has to be damage.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71521 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, circulation blemishes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree...Post Minting Damage ( PMD)...could have been rim impression from the nickels while in the hopper/bag.

KK
Valued Member
United States
388 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok that makes sense thanks
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10952 Posts
Valued Member
United States
388 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok thanks it didn't look right to me but kooper ken's explanation about the coin bag made sense
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3229 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a characteristic hit by the coins who come down after strike. Nothing here.
Valued Member
United States
388 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add prisbrey1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok thanks
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 329Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: