Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Inherited List From My Dad

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 703Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
180 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  12:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone. This is a list I have of a box of sets my dad set up to pass down to me. All 5 or us kids received a box like this. And I also got a bunch of other stuff, some of which y'all have seen. Are any of these one which I should look through for things like "no s proofs" or other things like that specifically? I have not looked at any at all so far. I will go through all of them eventually, just curious about specific stuff. Any and all help is appreciated. Thx for looking/commenting.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17910 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , Excellent starter sets from your Dad . Congrats .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
591 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know enough to say which ones may be more valuable. It's great your dad passed on his collection and good you have a list. Nice coins. As you likely know, for their value, you can check online coin sites, eBay sold prices, current issue of Handbook of United States coins.

I also inherited some coins and a 100 oz silver bar. I don't plan on selling them, will pass on to my daughter.
Edited by livingwater
08/14/2022 1:48 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59641 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He passed this on so you can figure out what is collectable. Some coins are common, so are not. So hang out here and learn about these. (he is hoping you will want to learn about these as much as he appreciated)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I'm going to house sit my wife's bosses house for a month in Tucson so all his stuff will be going with me. I will have nothing but time by myself. Omg no wife and son. Woohoo. Nothing of his will be sold, it'll be passed on to my son. Oh yea, I'll be doing a whole lot of crh also.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59641 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Karaoke down in Tucson. I go every night here in Phoenix.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3271 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, some could have some price value varieties. Will took your time and check for each one. Good Luck, hope you come here with some nice ones.
Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  11:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just up in Phx last wk coop at the Arizona federal theatre with my son for the pretty reckless and halestorm concert. I was born there at Williams AFB in 1960.
Valued Member
United States
482 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2022  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jdavis18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To answer one of your questions, the missing mintmark years and denominations for proof sets are:

1968 - 10c
1970 - 10c
1971 - 5c
1975 - 10c
1983 - 10c
1990 - 1c

You may also want to check the 1981 set for a type 2 mintmark and the uncirculated sets for known doubled dies.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Delve into it...have a blast!!!

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
3186 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Passed down Passions. Your a Special Person, to of had Your Father Wish for ALL of you to share His Collections Passions... Enjoy !!!
Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all for the responses. Thx Tbop. Livingwater, hope you have fun with your inheritance. Silvosi, I hope for the best, and have silver I'll put on and look forward to responses from you. Jdavis18, thx for that info, I will check those first.KK, you can count on it. Morgan's dad, not so sure we were special, but he sure was. I'll be back with info on all stuff I find or have questions about.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3271 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  9:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the WAM's on Morgan's are a little bit complicate (to many), but sure you will find a good one. For Morgan's the list never ended. Recently I find one in 1921 never mentioned. All my best. Silvio

PS. This was in an PL 62. Me I think it is a Chapman, according by the history of the coin, but they just say is PL, two sides. for me is fun and I am happy I find a new WAM. I wait to see attribution. Will take time but I have where to live.
Edited by silviosi
08/15/2022 10:00 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
915 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  12:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silviosi- Did you really just type WAM, twice?

It is VAM- With a V

Edited by NumismaticsFTW
08/16/2022 12:32 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3271 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some time I type fast and I do not look, what it is wrong with. I made a mistake, I made a mistake, but you are not my teacher, please.

To all members: I tape WAM instead of VAM. Sorry, things could happened when we tape. I will see twice further if spieling is correct and not to disturb some members.
Valued Member
United States
180 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think he was playing silvosi, I don't think he was being mean. Look at his emoji thingy. Actually I think your accent is cool and don't worry about how it comes out.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 703Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: