Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2007 Denver Mint Weird Looking Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 540Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
77 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  01:29 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 4Queens to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello foud this wierd looking 2007 D penny with wierd obverse and reverse couldn't find ( yet ) anything like this in the error coin links.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3779 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  01:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CFF!

It's just Post Mint Damage or PMD. The patterns look sort of like the pads of a clamp. I can see displaced metal on the edges which is a sure sign that it's damage.
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
Learn More...
United States
25501 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  02:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep that damage makes this coin a spender for me. Not a mint mirror.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  02:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JTCC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, PMD.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47509 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  04:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17110 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  07:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is only an error if it happens during the striking of the coin.
Seeing there is no way what is on your coin could happen at that time, It is PMD.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10060 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I'm piling on... Post-strike damage.

Is the zinc core showing anywhere?
Edited by ijn1944
08/15/2022 07:25 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  07:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely Post Minting Damage ( PMD).

KK
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 4Queens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
C'mon guys I know you can do better than PMD
Yokozuna how come you said that was made by some sort of clamps about a toilet plunger Yokozuna, cause that center circle on the obverse and reverse are been raised a clamp will flat that out
JimmyD ( there is no way what is on your coin could hapoen at that time ) you mean when the planchet trsvel to the coin presses for striking what I believe is that something got in between the dies and the planchet before the strike
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12360 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3660 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@4Queens: If you can spend this coin you has 1 cent. This it is an coin who past very hard time. Could be clamps, like could be a coin put under an table or heavy furniture, etc. Your theorem about the press process is just fiction and do not fit with the 2007 Mint line.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2211 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
98% of the time things on a coin is PMD. Every coin you look at is not an error. This coin looks like it hit with an end mill in a milling machine. Only the person that did it knows. 100% done after the mint.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3660 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2022  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 4Queens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all your comments guys
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 540Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: