Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 New Zealand 5 Cent - No Water

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 293Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
561 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  04:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Kiwi coin is this an error.

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
4329 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  05:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not seeing anything there, just some wear. The water detail behind the rocks is faint, but a central line is missing, likely die wear or poor striking.

By 1982 the die was getting worn out and had been used since 1967 (1965 as the striking of 1967 dated coins began then).

Not the proper error, but interesting at least.

The proper error has no detail at all beyond the rocks which shoot downwards at the right edge.

I love COINS!!!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
561 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got two of them but different years I've also noticed that one particular year has larger water gap only marginal thou.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
561 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  09:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually I have 3 of these 1975 and 1998 both have no lines either looking more like a voided area.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3402 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could it be a Grease Filled Die?

KK
Pillar of the Community
Australia
561 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the 1998 New Zealand 5 cent.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
561 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is 1975 a little rough looking thou.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
561 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2022  12:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Allcoinage to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good night everyone I need too sleep see comments in morning.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 293Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: