Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New To Errors And Have Questions (1964 D Kennedy Half Dollar)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 387Next Topic  

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  12:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Walt0011 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
First off I'm new to the forum and error hunting and the thrill of finding them is exhilarating. I had 8 coins of my own before I was given a silver collection. I was excited to find errors an my loupe wasn't cutting it. I bought a sclae and a digital microscope and went to work.
I've found repunched mint marks, one very obvious, Machine Doubling, and one faint possible doubled die. I wasn't able to resize the pictures enough but one is attached. It is one of two 1964 1/2 dollars and the ither one isn't so obvious but has wide Machine Doubling on most letters on the back. I also have a 1961 D Nickel RMM, a 1964 Nickel where the "Cello" in Monticello looks machine doubled and In God We Trust is doubled but difficult to see. Lastly, a 1995 D Penny with what looks like Machine Doubling on the date and the mint mark.

Sorry I don't have small enough pictures. I'll work to add them. How's my hunting so far? I'm also out of coins to hunt for now after finding the 95 Penny in a change jar.

Learn More...
United States
24708 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@walt, first welcome to CCF. Second, can you please add the date, mint, and denomination of this coin to the title? Including this information helps with th the search functionality of the site. Also, while it will be great to see each of these coins, please start a new thread for each one. Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3229 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  12:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suggest you PhotoScapeX for resizing and post here is easy to do and very friendly. You show the Reverse of an Halve MM. The year is important and please do not forgot: Always is best to put close photo of what you think and full coin photo of two side, Welcome here.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
46437 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  04:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The pic shown is a nice RPM,but please no photos of scope screens or computer screens. Please start a new thread for each coin in the proper sections of our great forum. You might also need to research the difference between errors and varieties.You should also have a Jewlers loupe,10 power at least. A triplet is best, but a doublet works fine also.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
116100 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1771 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF Need better pictures. Could be either FS501 or 502
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add G58NoReverse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@walt, the varieties like rpm/DDO / DDR etc I am still learning, though sounds like everyone is telling you RPM.

Nice one as well, you stated you are new to this, must be beginners luck

I appreciate this it will help me in my quest, though like stated previously denomination, year, etc would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Walt0011 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I spent the last several days watching videos and researching. I've attached a better picture with Pixlr. Hopefully it turns out well. I will also create new posts for each of the other coins in question. Thank you all for the advice.

This coin is a 1964 Kennedy half dollar, no mint mark

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Walt0011 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oops the obvious mint mark is DD. Haha
Learn More...
United States
24708 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2022  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok perfect thx. I have updated the title.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1771 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59516 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a DD (doubled die), but a D/D RPM.
http://www.varietyvista.com/12%20Ke...4DRPM002.htm
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3604 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2022  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

Very nice variety coin! Hope the luck keeps up and you find lots more like it!
ANA ID: 3203813 - CONECA ID: N-5637

Clothes Dryers are the Coin's natural enemy. NEVER store your coin collection in a dryer. This has been a Yokozuna Public Service Announcement. dryer coin
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 387Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: